Yuu Nishinoya × Reader (Part 2)

~☾︎ Yuu Finds A Pretty Flower ☽︎~

I made it into class with just a glare from my teacher. But glares are even worse than lectures because then those teachers always silently have it out for you, and try to make a big deal of every mistake you make. It annoys the freaking chicken out of me. I plop into the second row one desk back, sighing, and trying not to pant super loud.

The teacher reviews that we should have done our spring reading and taken notes on our book of choice. I try to pay close attention to what she's saying even though I'll probably forget it by next period. There's a buzz from my phone in my pocket and I try to ignore it. It buzzes again, and I finally decide to reach for it. Looking at the teacher, I slip it out of my pocket, looking at the notification that pops up.

*Text From: Unknown*

Hey, it's the guy from this morning. My name is Nishinoya Yuu btw.

I smile, recognizing that it's the idiot from the crosswalk.

*Name Changed To: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

Hey idiot. I'm L/N Y/N. Nice to meet ya.

I quickly type, making sure to briefly look between my phone and the teacher. She still has her back towards us, presenting a slideshow about what the rest of the year will be like.

*Text From: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

I'm only your idiot. And yes, I quite enjoyed our encounter this morning 😁.

I role my eyes just as the teacher calls me out. "As I just stated, you will only be given one warning the whole year if you have your phone out in class. Miss, that's strike one for you," she glares at me. I gulp, shoving my phone back into my pocket. I'm just ticking off all the trouble student boxes today. "Please do not use phones unless given permission or for an emergency," she continues and I avert my gaze to the birds flying over the school. If only I could fly.

After class~

The bell rings, signalling that we have a five minute break before the next class. Not even half way to pulling my phone out do I get a boy slamming his hands on my desk. "What's your name?" he asks me. I jolt backwards in surprise, looking up at him incredulously. "L/N Y/N," I reply curtly. "I'm Yahaba Shigeru," he pauses to stick his hand out for me to shake. "It's nice to meet you!" he smiles, shaking my limb gently before letting go.

"Nice to meet you too?" I question rather than state, still not understanding why he wants to talk to me. "I'd like to ask you if you'd consider being the manager for the volleyball team! We really need the help," he chuckles, brows furrowed, and his fingers fidgeting with each other. I blink, forming an are-you-serious expression on my face. "Why me? I know absolutely nothing about managing a volleyball team," I state.

"It's quite simple actually! Our coach and I can help you!" he presses further, leaning closer to me. "But why not somebody else?" I ask differently this time. "Because you're pretty and seem like a good multi-tasker," he says, basing his opinion on what he's seen from me in just this morning's class. I scoff, looking to the side. He sure has the wrong idea about me. Before I can talk again, he speaks first.

"You don't have to say yes right now, but please think about it!" he bows, exclaiming unnecessarily. "Fine, fine," I wave my hand dismissively. "Thank you L/N-san!" he says before walking off. I shake my head, just wishing today would end already.

After school~

*Eight Texts From: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

Hey, where'd ya go?

Are you alright L/N-chan?

Why aren't you texting me?

Wait did you get caught!?

I'm so sorry!!

Please text me as soon as you can!

I'm really worried. Are you alright?

I'm at volleyball practice right now. Please text me back soon!

Holy mochi and bean paste. He sure does text a lot. I've never had a stranger so enamored with me like that before. Well except for Yahaba earlier today.

*To: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

I'm fine, don't worry.

I just got caught texting by my teacher on top of being late to class so I didn't want to risk getting caught again 🙄.

*Text From: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

YOU'RE ALIVE!

THANK THE HEAVENS!!

Sorry for getting you in trouble. Can I make it up to you with a date? 😉

He's so smooth with his sweet talk. I mull over what a date with him would be like. He seems quite enthusiastic and really honest. Giving him an opportunity might not be such a bad idea.

*To: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

Sure, how about this Saturday?

*Text From: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

Sounds good to me!

Give me until tomorrow to pick a place.

Also! Can ya make it to the crosswalk early tomorrow?

I wanna chat with you for a little bit before school. 😳😅

I giggle, checking both ways before trotting across the street.

*To: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

Sure, be there twenty minutes earlier than today.

*Text From: Idiot Nishinoya Yuu*

Yes ma'am!

I burst out laughing, attracting the attention of everyone around me. I try not to wheeze as I escalate up the staircase leading to my apartment. I exit our chat, opening the door to my apartment building. Slipping off my shoes, I close the door, dropping my bad on my table by the door. Halting my footsteps, I recall Nishinoya saying he played a sport. I open our chat again, scrolling up a bit to see what sport it was. Volleyball.

He plays volleyball. Yahaba wants me to be the manager for the volleyball team at school. Would that mean I'd get to see Nishinoya more often? Perhaps, but what if things go sideways with him? No, Nishinoya doesn't seem to be the kind if guy to harbor resentful thoughts even if things go sour. Maybe I'll take Yahaba up on his offer. It'll be a win-win situation for everybody. I nod my head, having made up my mind on becoming manager for Seijoh's boy's volleyball team.