Kiyoomi Sakusa × Reader (Part 2)

A/N:  Requested by @mrs_martell.  I apologize for such a long wait but thank you for being patient

~☾ Affection Isn't Sakusa's Forte ☽~

Sakusa thought his routine would go back to normal as soon as he didn't have L/N in his life any more.  He was so wrong.  Every day he no longer had something to look forward to; not even volleyball.  L/N wasn't there to encourage him.  She wasn't in the places he got used to looking at just to see her. His whole world flipped on top of him.

And Motoya was basking in happiness due to his loss.  He felt bitter and couldn't bring himself to talk to his cousin. He felt a smidge thankful that Motoya was keeping his distance from him even though a discussion or chance encounter was inevitable.

As he sat in his classroom, looking out of the window to his left, somebody else entered the class. "Sakusa," it was Motoya's voice. Sakusa didn't bother looking in his direction. His teeth clenched together while Motoya's footsteps grew louder. "Can we talk? Up on the roof?" Motoya asked in a sincere tone. Sakusa stood up, walking out of the classroom and towards the staircase at the back of the hall that led to the next floor and then the roof.

Their footsteps echoed like a stale stick being hit against a tree. The air around them was uncomfortable and thick. Sakusa opened the door, not holding it for Motoya. He walked a few paces ahead, Motoya just standing in front of the door. "We're here. Now talk," Sakusa spit out, trying to contain his negativity.

"Sakusa, about L/N-chan, I didn't want to hurt your feelings, she just seemed like everything was fine so I-" Motoya didn't get to finish as Sakusa interrupted. "So you pursued her, despite knowing that I still like her. You went after her, you didn't even ask how I felt after she dumped me. All you wanted was her with every disregard for my own emotions," Sakusa fumed.

"And I'm sorry," Motoya tried to calm him. "You're sorry?" Sakusa spun around on his heel. "You're sorry for not caring about me and all about her? What a joke. You only care about your happiness Motoya," Sakusa sneers at him. Motoya only looks at his shoes, not uttering a word.

"You've wasted my time," Sakusa sighs as he maneuvers around Motoya to reach the door. "Sakusa, I don't completely know why, but L/N-chan didn't agree to date me. I've asked her several times, she's said no every time," these words made Sakusa freeze in place.

"She still likes you, ya know? I could make her happy. As much as I want her, her heart isn't mine," Motoya sighs.  "Then why did you kiss her?  Why didn't she pull away?" Sakusa spins around, looking distressed towards Motoya.  "Because I confessed to her!  She didn't pull away because she didn't want to be rude!  You can ask her, she still said no after that," Motoya's voice cracks at the end of his sentences.

A flash of realization strikes Sakusa's face.  L/N had always been considerate and kind.  It was one of the things he liked about her.  She catered to his mysophobia when they started dating.  Motoya looks up at Sakusa, tears pricking the corners of his eyes.  "We both love the same girl, but she only loves one of us back, and it sure isn't me," Motoya says this softly.

Sakusa ponders over his next actions.  He walks to his cousin, putting his hand on his shoulder.  "You should have talked to me," Sakusa sighs, meddling with the situation in his head.  "I'm sorry she didn't like you back," Sakusa says although it isn't what he would prefer to feel.  His connection and friendship with Motoya runs deeper than petty feelings.

"Don't be sorry for me, go talk to her," Motoya chuckles with his cry-ridden voice.  Sakusa nods, turning around, and going down the stairs hurriedly.  He was determined to reach her and get her back.  His cousin's emotional sacrifice took for him to see that so he was going to use it and not waste it. 

The lunch bell rang, signaling that he had five minutes to make it back to class.  Class could wait.  He jogged down the halls, knowing just exactly where she was.  Behind the school, where she confessed her attraction to him.  He bolted out of the doors, careful not to touch them with his bare hands.

He pulled his mask down to consume more air.  His hair whipped around his face as he begged for speed.  Sliding around the corner, he caught her packing up her lunch, sitting alone on the ground.  "Y-Y/N," he choked out, laboring his breathing.  She looked up to him, a surprised look on her face.

"I realize that I'm not happy without you.  Life isn't the same without you," he confesses.  The look of surprise remains on her face, but understanding slips into her brows.  "Took you long enough," she sighs with a gentle chuckle.  She stands up and they meet in the middle, hugging each other.  "I'm sorry," he says, slipping one hand against her scalp and the other around her waist.  "Don't be.  It's what you do after that counts," she assures him.  Sakusa's life finally felt full again.

A/N:  yes that was a kissing booth 3 reference