Tartaglia『 Fireworks 』

Modern AU

Words : 1410

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"What a beautiful scenery isn't it, Ajax?"

"H-Huh? Oh yeah."

Frown displayed across your feature.

He isn't even looking. At the surrounding nor at you. He is only in his own world but you aren't mad, at all. Except the thing or more like someone that occupied his mind.

You know who and it wasn't you in spite of . . . you're his girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]. Let's enjoy this festival, shall we?"

He presented you a forced smile to which you hesitantly returned with your genuine one and nodded your head, hoping he could at least notice.

Surely, it was only false hope.

Your smile faltered as the grip that you had around his hand slightly loosened; when he didn't even try to hold yours— However, you didn't voice out your complaint and mentally keep telling yourself that his presence was enough.

This is enough.

This is enough.

This is

"[Y/N]!"

You jolted out from your own world and look up at him, following to where he is pointing at when a wide grin painted on his lips, something that caught you by surprise at how bright it was.

"Let's try those!"

"Shateki?"

A smile crept up to yours when he nodded his head vigorously, and the image of excited child reflected from his action into your eyes.

"Are you good at it?"

"You bet."

Rosy hue rested across your face while your heart thumping widely against your ribcage when he suddenly grabbed your hand and dragged you along to the stall.

"Which one do you want me to get for you?

"That whale plushie over there is kinda cute."

"Oh? Don't we have the same taste?"He chuckled and winked,

"Don't worry. I'll get that for you!"

───────────────

"You bought it instead."

"But I kept my promise."He pouted while hugging the big blue-colored plushie close to him, something that you found adorable. Way too adorable for your own good.

"Anyway, shall we grab some food too?"

"Sure."

"Then let's go."

Your [ color ] hues glanced down on his hand wrapped securely with yours, a shy smile didn't make its effort to be hidden from being shown.

"It was fun. Don't you think so—"

He suddenly stopped without giving you a sign, making you bumped against his back hard.

"Ajax . . . ?

He didn't reply and keep looking in a direction. At first, you were confused though once you followed his gaze, your smile forthright dropped at the sight of his ex-girlfriend. As if in reflex, your heart ached at the sudden thought that has been lingering in your mind is now confirmed as true.