Chapter-20

When Li Rui gained her consciousness next day, the first thing she asked for was her child. Her maids didn't look in her eyes and said that she needs to be confined for a month and child will remain with wet nurse for one month.

Li Rui silently stared at Li Hua and Li Mei after they completed their sentence. Under her stares, they squirmed uncomfortably. After a few seconds, she asked only one question.

"Has Lord Xi already arrived?"

Although they were startled at the sudden change of direction of questions, they answered honestly.

"Yes, My Lady. Lord Xi arrived just yesterday."

For the first time in these years, they saw a expression full of despair and sorrow on their mistress face. Only then they understood that Li Rui knew everything whatever they were trying to hide.

Li Mei could not control herself and rushed outside to hide her tears. She went to Lord Xi courtyard yesterday to get the child back for their lady. The shadow guard didn't even let her enter inside the courtyard.

No one knows if their lady would be able to see the Young Master again. In her heart she hated Lord Xi.

How can anyone be so cruel to separate a child from his mother?

What wrong did their lady do to suffer like this? She herself was a victim yet she was being punished like this.

*~*~*~~*~*~*

After completing one month of confinement very obediently and silently, the first thing Li Rui did was to go to Xi Ying's courtyard.

As soon as she reached there, a shadow guard stood in front of her to block the way before she even entered the courtyard.

"This servant greets, My Lady."

Li Rui nodded her head in acknowledgement and tried to go inside again but the shadow guard blocked her way again.

"My Lady, this servant apologize for his rude behaviour but His Excellency doesn't like any unfamiliar person to enter his courtyard without his permission."

The last sentence was an insult but Li Rui remained nonchalant.

"Then ask your Lord for permission."

"My Lady, His Excellency is not currently present in the manor."

Taking a deep breath, Li Rui tried again.

"I want to see my child."

"This...My Lady. This servant again apologize for his presumptuous behaviour but His Excellency announced that My Lady can't see the child without His Excellency's permission."

The shadow guard was standing with his head lowered so he didn't see Li Rui's expression.

After a few seconds he saw Li Rui take a few steps back and turning in other direction. Only then he lifted his head. His eyes flashed with some unfathomable emotion looking at the woman's retreating back but he soon composed himself and disappeared from that place.

At Present

Li Rui bid goodbye to her mother in the late evening after having her dinner. After her confrontation with Li Na and Li Caihong, both the sisters didn't dare to comment anything else and had their dinner silently.

For this whole time, Xi Ying didn't look away from Li Rui's face.

In a daze, he followed her inside the carriage and sat in front of her on an empty seat.