Chapter-28

The maid led Li Rui inside the room. On the bed, behind the translucent curtains, a blurry feminine figure could be seen resting. The maid announced Li Rui's arrival. A soft voice from behind the curtains was heard.

"Prepare some delicious snacks and drinks. This Princess is going to have a long chat with Lady Li today."

The words were followed by the appearance of Princess Wenling as she stood up from the bed and appeared through the curtains with the help of a maid.

"Yes, Your Highness."

The maid departed to do the ordered chore.

With Elegant and graceful steps, she sat leaning comfortably on the chair closing her eyes, and put her legs on the wooden stool completely ignoring the standing Li Rui.

Xi Ying looked at the snobbish Princess coldly and his lips twitched in rage. He knew that the Princess was spoilt rotten by His Majesty, the Emperor, and Her Majesty, the Empress, but now it seemed that the condition was worse. Because she had gained enough courage to humiliate his wangfei, Li Rui.

This was a great mistake.

Ten minutes passed and no one said anything. A maid was combing the Princess's long black hair. The second maid entered the chamber with a tray that had some eatable snacks. The drinks were set on the table soon. But Li Rui was still standing and Xi Ying's frustration was growing more and more with each passing second.

At this moment, Princess Wenling finally decided to open her eyes and looked at Li Rui surprisingly as if she noticed her only now.

"Lady Li, Why are you standing there? Please take the seat."

She politely pointed to the chair placed in front of her.

Li Rui glanced at the chair for a moment and then sat down without showing any change in her emotion.

The Princess waved to the maids to dismiss them and then she asked Li Rui with a small smile.

"Are you feeling comfortable? Else This Princess can ask the maid to place another chair that is more comfortable than this one. Lady Li must not hesitate to tell this Princess."

Without squirming under the scrutinizing gaze of the Princess, Li Rui said her next words calmly

"Princess does not need to worry over such small things. Rui is very comfortable with this arrangement."

Her words widen the smile on Princess' face.

"Well, That is good to hear."

All these actions were very creepy in Xi Ying's eyes and her words seemed to carry more meaning than they expressed. He glanced at the chair; Li Rui was sitting on but found nothing suspicious. He forwarded his hand to touch the chair but remembered that he would not be able to find anything by this. With a frustrated sigh, he took back his hand. He looked carefully at Li Rui's sitting posture.

Her back was straight and she didn't lean her back on the chair. The posture would only make her tire after today's fuss. His frown deepened. She didn't even finish her breakfast and came to Imperial Palace in such a hurry. A look of disapproval flashed past through his eyes.

His wangfei does not care about her health at all.

Princess Wenling said her next words with an innocent smile while blinking her eyes innocently.

"It has been so long since this Princess last met you like this, right my dear friend? "

Getting no reply from Li Rui, she didn't mind and continued to talk alone.