Chapter 12: He's here

"Don't tell me you too fell in love with that actor?" Brian plainly asked.

"Wait, what did you say?"

"Don't tell me that you don't know his true identity?

"Wait, what? And what, someone's true identity? Huh? Are we in some sort of a movie?"

"I see, he told you. Actually, his life is some kind of a movie."

"Perhaps yours too? He told me that only a few knew about his secret of changing his name. But how did you even know about it?"

"This will just be between us, okay?"

"I might regret it, but fine."

"I got accepted in the UK to be an investigator. And with my 5th case, his wife's case was what I got."

"So why are you here then?"

"Well, he's here."

"Who's here?"

"Colin Firth."

"I thought..."

"Shhh, no. Don't let them hear you. They can't know, you see, I am undercover so my case will not, you know how this works."

"But is it true then? His wife was killed by one of his fans?"

"No."

"What? No? Huh? How? And what is it then?"

"If I tell you, I will have to kill you. Hehehe. Just kidding. Please don't ask questions like that."

"Please."

"I want to tell you, but I can't as long as I haven't arrested that person."

"Fine then. I'll let you go on with the case and I trust you enough."

"Can you just let me love you again? You told me you trust me."

"Just with the case."

"Fine then. Just take the bouquet with you please. And can we just pretend that it we are happy to see each other? And pretend that you accepted my love just for your uncle, just for today."

"Just for today."

"Thank you. I'm gonna go now, please wave happily as I go. Bye Kath. See you then?" He waved goodbye.

"Bye!"

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

"So, uh, he's back?" Stef asked.

"Yes." I muttered.

"Well, he wanted me back if that is what you all wondering." I added.

"So, how was it then? You both seemed to be happy." Stef said.

"He just asked me to pretend happy to see him or to pretend to..you know, I told him I don't want him back." I said that as I looked towards Colin's direction.

"Ohhhh.... So, uhm, what we will be calling you then? Is it still Brother Ely or can we call you Colin Firth?" She asked.

"You can call me whatever you want, but I'd ask you all to not tell anyone else about me being Colin Firth because that is what the investigator told me, as long as the culprit is not yet arrested. For my safety he said."

"We'll still call you Brother Ely for formality and for your safety." I said.

"Anything for you, Kath." He whispered through my ears.

And that, my friends made my butterflies in my stomach went crazy!

"Sweet, I know I was so foolish to think that things between you two can be, uhm, you know... You be back with him..." Uncle George mumbled.

"Things have changed uncle, but not the fact that I don't want him anymore in my life."

"Uhm, so, uncle, I think I should be the one to whom, take you home... To get out of this awkward..." Sebastian laughed.

"You don't worry about this gurl, uncle George, she's strong and have moved on. And she has a crush." Stef winked.

"Shut up." I chuckled.

"What? A crush? What are you, a high schooler Kath? Hahahaha." Uncle George chuckled.

And we all laughed from his craziness..

"When will I be meeting your 'crush'?"

"Uncle!" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine then. Hahaha. I should be going, wife's waiting me, you know..." He winked.

"Good bye y'all. Take care." He waved.

As we got back at home and as I stepped out of the car, I felt unsecured. You know, you will have that feeling when you know there is something fishy in the surroundings.

"What's wrong?" Brother Ely asked.

Rocks scrambling, footsteps swirling, heart beats fast and dog barking...

"Shhh.. Someone's in my backyard..." I shushed.

"Stef, please gently get some knives in the kitchen..." I whispered.

She just nodded. As she got back with those knives, I quietly opened the backdoor to see what's happening outside.

"What the f..." I freaking froze as someone held my hand.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Kath, but please let me be the one to open it." Brother Ely whispered.

"Hey, hey, just please someone open it and don't do that." Stef rolled her eyes.

"Do what?" We both asked.

"That 'thing'."

"What thing?"

"Can we just focus ourselves outside? Hello?"

"Oh, yes gurl. Okay Brother, if you insist..."

As Brother Ely opening the door gently, I kicked it fast and got outside holding a knife in my hand, yes, the backdoor is wide so don't worry about him.

"The heck is that about?" Stef asked.

"Shhh..."

**********

Hello! So sorry for not uploading on the day that I said. Things came up.. Anyway, thank you all for still reading this! 😊 Love you all! 💞