Overcoming the Stairway- Harvey x Amy Bell

Type: Platonic family relationships, Harvey being a dad, and Amy being a very smol and soft child that we must protect at all costs-

Requested by: Kat_Loves_Sans

Warning: Mentions of death, specifically Amy and Harvey's death in the game meaning there will be a bit of spoilers-

And now onto the oneshot.

Just another night at the Sea View Hotel, and thankfully Hugo Punch wasn't on the prowl since there was no guests arriving this evening. However the ghosts of the hotel lingered around as they always did since they died, occasionally calling out for Jimmy (mainly Hugo) since they were still kinda pissed at him for what he did to them. On a particular floor where the top of the stairs were, the ghost of a little girl was quite hesitant to go down the stairs since the elevator had stopped working, causing Jimmy to temporarily close it off until the repairman could get there tomorrow to fix it.

It had been years since Amy had fallen to her death by jumping off the top of the stairs, mainly being intoxicated because Jimmy gave her whiskey to numb the pain of her burnt hand, after holding her teddy bear when Jimmy set it on fire. Amy was his first victim, and had been haunting the hotel since her death before Dr. Bose, Harvey, and Rose joined her in limbo. Amy would normally take the elevator with other guests to avoid the stairs, but now that it had been closed off by Jimmy, everyone had to take the stairs until further notice. The child was not looking forward to using the stairs again because of what happened last time, and decided to wait until the elevator was fixed, until the ghost of the former hotel proprietor took notice of Amy's fear of stairs.

Harvey was just roaming around the hotel since he had nothing better to do, aside from planning a way to get back at Jimmy for stabbing him in the throat. He happened to be on the same floor as Amy and the top of the stairs were at, where he saw the child staring nervously at the door leading to the stairs, while hugging her burnt teddy bear tightly. "Amy? What are you doing?" Harvey asked before Amy looked up at him and spoke, "I want to go play in the basement, but the elevator isn't working. I don't want to go down the stairs again..." "Is it because of what happened to you?" Harvey spoke before Amy nodded, then glancing over at the door leading to the stairs. Harvey knew that Amy needed to overcome her fear of the stairs until the elevator could be fixed if she wanted to travel to a different floor, but what could he do to help Amy?

After thinking for a moment, an idea came to Harvey's mind. "Do you want me to go down the stairs with you Amy?" Amy was silent as she thought for a moment, before she nodded her head. "Will you make sure I don't fall down the stairs again?" "Of course little one, I'll make sure you get to the bottom of the stairs safety." Harvey replied with a smile. "Ok." Amy spoke before Harvey opened the stairway door and entered with the child, before Harvey closed the door once they were inside. Amy was now looking down from the top of the stairs, starting to get cold feet as she tightly held onto her teddy bear. "Amy it's ok," Harvey spoke in an attempt to reassure her, "We'll go down together. Do you want to hold my hand if it'll make you feel better?" Harvey reached out his hand towards Amy in case she would consider taking it, before the child did and held on tightly.

"Ready to go to the bottom?" Harvey asked before Amy nodded, before the pair slowly made their way down the stairs together. Amy slowly started to feel safe now that Harvey was with her, and it seemed that her bad experience of the stairs started going away as well. The pair was now halfway down the stairs, and Amy continued to hold Harvey's hand while he made sure the child watched her steps. Soon the two ghosts made it to the bottom of the stairs as Harvey opened the door leading outside to the bottom floor of the stairs and exited with Amy.

"That wasn't so bad now was it?" Harvey asked as he glanced at Amy, to which she smiled and nodded in reply. "If you ever need help going down the stairs, just call for me and I'll come to you ok?" Harvey said as he patted Amy's head gently, before a thought came to Amy that made her nervous. "What if you're not there to help me go down the stairs?" Amy asked as she looked at Harvey with her voice sounding worried. "Don't worry Amy, you can always hold onto the railing of the stairs if you go down by yourself. But I'm certain that I'll always be there to help you, ok?" Harvey replied with a smile that was enough to comfort Amy as she smiled back, "Ok Harvey."

Harvey smiled before he could sense that Jimmy/Hugo was on the prowl again, before he had an idea come to his mind. "You wanna help me scare Jimmy?" Harvey asked before Amy giggled, "Sure." "Alright, but first we have to go up the stairs so we can find him." Harvey said as Amy took his hand again, which caught him off guard but he didn't mind at all. "Let's go little one." Harvey spoke before he and Amy went up the stairs to scare the bejesus out of Jimmy as payback for what he did to them.

Harvey started to feel like he was becoming a father figure to Amy, and decided to look after her since she died so young and had no parents with her. He made a promise to himself that he would make sure Amy was safe and happy, along with keeping her company so she wouldn't be lonely...

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this first oneshot chapter of this book :D

The next upcoming chapter will be a Jimmy x Reader, so stay tuned for that in the meantime. Reminder that my requests are open so please make sure you read the rules before making a request.

Also happy Easter weekend to those who celebrate it like me! I hope you all get plenty of Easter Eggs in your baskets :3

Anyway that's all I have to say, happy reading my children, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Doveria the Goddess,

Over and out!