⁰² 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐍, 𝐀𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐘𝐂𝐎𝐍

kaname had his workload, and so did ambrose.

ambrose's dorm was the second largest of the night dorms and right across from kaname's room.

instead of a desk, ambrose would sit comfortably in his bed with an overbed table that he uses to complete his shared paperwork with kaname

instead of a desk, ambrose would sit comfortably in his bed with an overbed table that he uses to complete his shared paperwork with kaname. over the years, they had decide to share the workload since they share the same views and opinions on matters relating to the vampire race.

ambrose's handwriting was quite unique since he incorporated old english calligraphy into his letters and the strokes of his kanji is sharp and precise. no matter how many times he would try to write normally, his writing would always go back to calligraphy. kaname had always been fickle over his handwriting.

knock. knock.

"come in," ambrose grants permission to his visitor, "if it's kaname, you're going to read my handwriting whether you can or not."

"it's me," takuma smiles.

"what do you need, takuma?" ambrose asked, not looking up from his papers.

ambrose distinguishes business and pleasure─he never mixes them. he is someone who always turned in everything before the deadline so he dedicated the entire day to finishing his assignments from the council. takuma stood in silence, just simply admiring the gorgeous pureblood who was still waiting for an answer from him.

"takuma?"

"oh! yes. um," takuma laughs sheepishly, "kaname wanted to know how much you have left."

"that fucking bastard is always working me up," said ambrose as grits his teeth.

gorgeous and peerless but a foul mouth. he never cursed at anyone but kaname: he believed that he always worked up his nerves on purpose and therefore deluded himself into thinking that they were competitors. kaname enjoys provoking the young solcyon.

"what a foul mouth, ambrose," takuma laughs, "i thought purebloods are regal and perfect creatures."

"yeah, well," ambrose runs his hand through his purple locks, "the solcyons have never lived up to that expectation."

"that is certainly true if you believe so," takuma smiles, "i think you surpass them."

"what a sweet mouth you have" ambrose says, signing the final papers.

"takuma, can you deliver these to kaname?" ambrose asks as he holds out a stapled stack of papers. "tell him that i'm going to see kaien so don't call for me."

takuma's heart ached.

"then-" takuma pauses.

a cold breeze flew by and the gorgeous pureblood was gone.