22. Making Our Way Out

I looked at myself in mirror and sat back at my appearance. Despite my bruised face, I looked stronger than before. For once and all I am gonna shut this case and end it for good. My dark cardigan sat nicely on my white shirt's shoulder giving me an edge of confidence and fight for what's right. Stephany combed my hair straight and put on a pair of belles on my feet.

"Now go out there and kick those bad asses and give them good. I'm proud of you girl." She kissed the top of my head as she stood behind me looking at me through the mirror.

"Thanks Stephany. I really wish you could come." My sad smile showed the need for her to be there.

"I'd love to dear, you know my job is pretty tight. And I would love to hear it all from you." She rolled me out and Adam stood there holding his phone. Brandon went to school. Lucas and Mike insisted to accompany me today so Adam allowed them to skip school.

On our car ride I simply stared out the window trying to free my mind from all the negative past. I don't want any pressure right now. Yesterday before leaving the hospital I met Dr. Clair. She calmed me and talked through everything that might happen today. She prepared me well to be able to speak up for myself and work out what's best for me.

We entered the courtroom and the guys sat in the middle row while Adam and I sat in the front. There was still some time so I drank some water and calmed myself.

There weren't much people for now but I feel like it's gonna attract a huge crowd. I don't want that. I just want them punished, that's all. I heard some chattering behind me. I turned around and there were 3-4 men talking. One of them looked like a lawyer. When the man who was shouting turned around, my eyes stayed glued on him.

Grabbing my scrabble board I danced my way to uncle's office room. It was Saturday evening and he promised to play with me. I softly walked into the room hoping to surprise him from behind but I stopped because he was on the call facing the wide window.

"Look I don't care what the cops are saying. Just make sure my name doesn't come up in Stevenson's murder. Why do you think I killed them? To get caught? Shut the case and come back to me, I have tons of work for you." He hung up and shouted 'bastard' kicking the wall infront. He turned around and saw me. His eyes widened with fear by looking at my now crying face.

The box of scrabble fell from my hands scattering around and I ran to him hitting on his chest and stomach. That's how far my height reached.

"How dare you? How could you? She was your sister? Why would you do that?" I cried and shouted louder.

He instantly held my hands and pushed me back slapping hard on my face.

"Don't you dare tell anyone about this?" I turned furious at his comment.

"I will, I will tell the cops and you will go to jail." I tried freeing myself from his hold and when I did, I ran straight out the room to the home cell phone in the kitchen. On my way there I heard him yell at his guards who started chasing me. No wonder he had so many guards, it always made me curious why does he need so much security. Because he's s bad guy.

As I reached the kitchen, someone grabbed my leg and I fell face forward. I was being dragged straight to the hallway where he stood with a gun in his hand. Cleaning it with a clean white cloth.

"So let me tell you how this works." He began calmly. "Either I send you to your mommy and daddy or you obey my every command." He said and my breathing stopped. "The choice is yours." He leaned down to look at me and I sat there on the floor.

"K-Ki-kill m-m-me." I said trying to find confidence.

"Why?" He looked confused.