ch 5

As I enter the dining room, I can't help but notice how large and luxurious it is. The room reflects the family's love of gold and dark green. The table, made of a dark and engraved wood, stretches from one side of the room to the other. The table settings take up barely any space in comparison to the size of the seating area.

I look at the end of the table where the others are sitting and I begin to take in the appearances of those who are apparently my family. At the head of the table is the man who I presume is my father. The Marquis.

He somewhat resembles Arthur in the respect of his curly brown hair, though his seems to be a little bit darker. What is truly stunning about this man are his eyes. They are green, just like Elodie, but shine even brighter. They look like intricate emeralds implanted in his head. Not to sound like I've got the hots for this girl's dad, but man, her mom made the right choice. That man, in his dark green suit, was easily noticeable as the head of the family.

I mean, to say that he somewhat resembles a sexy wizard would be an understatement.

Looking at the others in the dining room, it seems that I have a total of five siblings. They all also appear to be older than me, well all except fer Arthur. The other two older brothers that I have look more like Arthur and the Marquis.

The eldest has the same purple eyes that I possess. He also has dark brown and wavy hair that reaches past his shoulders, although it is tied up behind in a sort of half-up, half-down style. He's also a sort of knights training outfit, dark green tunic and black pants.

The other one has green eyes like those of Elodie and father. His hair is short and dark as well as very curly. His outfit, contrary to the darker colors by the other half of the occupants of the room, is matching that of Elodie's. It appears to be of the same style that the eldest is wearing, but in the shade of a medium purple paired with brown pants.

The only other woman, besides Elodie and I, is a glorious woman that is sitting to the right of my father, and across from the eldest brother. Her hair is long and a beautiful shade of black that seems almost blue tinted in the sunlight. She possesses the most spectacular purple eyes that I have ever seen, even more so than my own and those of Arthur and my mother brother. She is also wearing what seems to be either a very extravagant nightgown, or a very simple day dress. To be honest I really don't know the difference.

"–ya? Anya?"

"Yes?"

"What are you staring at?" Elodie asks.

"I'm sorry, I just feel a bit light headed. I didn't sleep very well last night, I was up all morning..." I trail off, wondering what I am supposed to do.

All of the others have taken their seats. The Marquis at the head, his wife at his right, and my brother at his left. Next to the woman is Elodie, then Arthur, across from him is the other brother who's name I don't know. But where's Nicolas?

A sudden tap on my shoulder causes me to jump.

"Ah!"

"Hey, what's up with you?" Nicolas asks, he was standing right behind me. "You're never this jumpy."

"I apologize, lack of sleep must be the cause. It would have been easier if I just stayed upstairs and ate in my room. I can return if you would like," I reply somewhat shy and uncomfortable due to this peculiar situation.

"Return? Why bother, you're already here so why don't you just sit down and eat already," the boy across from Arthur says.

"Thomas! Don't be rude," the woman scolds him.

He shuts up and continues to eat. Nicolas nods to the woman, then escorts me to the seat next to the older one. I sit down, not looking up for a moment.

"Well then, I ask you all to excuse me, but I must head for the academy. I was only allowed to visit on the condition that I returned once Anya had healed, and now she's better."

"Yes, be on your way then," the Marquis says.

"Farewell father, mother."

"Yes, we'll see you at the Imperial ball in two weeks."

"Bye Nic."

"Goodbye Nicolas."

"Anya," he looks over at me.

"Yeah, I mean yes Nicolas?"

He looks at me for a second, then speaks, "please maintain your health so that I am no longer bothered by unwanted disturbances to my education. Arthur stop stuffing your face with food and lets get going."

"Bye to you all, feel better Anya!" Arthur jumps out of his seat after having gulped down whatever was on his plate and chases Nicolas out of the door, shouting back to the rest of us.

The door shuts behind them and now I'm all alone with people who know me better than I do myself, quite literally this time. I look at the others, who all seem to be waiting for me, with an expression saying "well, what should I do now?"

Sitting between someone who is apparently my older brother and some other dude named Thomas, I guess, I just stare blankly at the plate. I have no idea what to do in this moment. I don't know these people, I don't even understand why I am here, and why Devil won't give me any more information?

"...ya? Anya?"

"Huh?"

"...nya? Anya!"

Someone's hand grabs my left shoulder. I jump in my seat then slap the hand off violently without thinking.

"What is it!" I look up from my plate, towards the shocked faces of the people around the table.

Then, suddenly, I realize what I've done. I hit my older brother!

word count: 1001