part 23

Only a month at Alfea, and already so much has happened I can barely comprehend it all. I get to miss the first lesson of the day because I have a meeting with Ms Dowling which was very much needed, I had a lot to talk about and that I still needed to know.
We were now at the end of October, because school here starts later than at home, but their weather is mainly hot so I'm not complaining about that.

It was Monday, so that meant I had a herbology class which I would miss for my meeting, and then a lesson at the end with Ms Dowling. We were also going to start training in combat on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so now it won't just be all normal lessons.

Last night had been perfect and for the first time in a while at Alfea, I had felt normal and happy. He felt the same way about me, and now I was missing having him near but atleast I can hopefully see him today at some point. Having training with the specialists on Tuesday's and Wednesday's also meant I would have time with him there.

All of this had happened between me and Riven, yet none of our friends even know we spoke regularly.

Riven
Good morning Firefly

Ayla
morning Riv :)

Seeing his name light up my phone was enough to make butterflies swarm around my stomach and it made me feel sick, but in the best way possible.

It was now half past 8 and I've been feeling alright all morning, but then a sharp yet dull aching pain replaced those sweet butterflies through my stomach where I was cut by that stupid burned one. All I need to do for now is take the treatment and hope someone kills it soon. That's what I did, took the elixir and headed down to breakfast with Aisha and Musa.

Breakfast passed by quick, no sign of anyone except our year, but Sam sat with us next to Musa and she explained to Aisha. Flora's gonna get a shock when she finds out about them. I headed to my meeting with Ms Dowling after we had eaten and I sat opposite her.

"So Ayla how are you feeling after the events from last week?" She asked me and she sounded genuinely concerned, it made me feel like I could trust her so I did, "Honestly, the pain has gotten better but it still hurts a lot sometimes.." she nodded her head, "Are they any closer to killing the burned one that attacked me or Silva?"

Her eyes flickered with sorrow and I knew then that there was no progress, "They have been trying their best, but these creatures out match our specialist team everytime and if we kill one, it's never the right one." I nodded not wanting to push the matter, obviously seeing the frustration she felt about the whole thing. Especially as Silva was also a good friend of hers.

"I understand, but do you think I could go out, maybe help?" Dowling looked at me shocked as if she would never consider it and I had my answer before she replied.

"Absolutely not. You are far too valuable to this school, this realm, the future." She spoke quickly and with much authority over me and I nodded my head knowing there was no arguing with her on this one.

"If you don't mind I think I'm going to head back now Ms." She nodded and told me to keep safe and focus on my studies. I can definitely do that.

Lies.

It had already been an hour and a half that I had spent in that office, talking and debating with Ms Dowling. That meant that it was now break and everyone would hopefully be at either the lunch hall or where the specialists train.