Tour of The Town

Chapter Seven

Kaelani Bear Eden

"We are so sorry for your loss Kaelani."

"He was so young...."

"He was a good kid...."

"How could he do that ... how selfish."

"Did he show any signs?"

"How could they not see the signs?"

"They did push him away after their parents died."

"Didn't you hear - Kai was the one who made them crash."

"No! I heard it was Lani!"

Breathing in i smoothed down my black dress. Ignoring the looks of the people surrounding me.

Everyone of them have me a pitying stare as I walked down the rows of guest.

People who had not cared for us after my parents passed away. When Juniper had to move back home to care for us. They never cared. Only wanting to stay in the gossiping loop.

All littered the bleak and dark room - trying to gather more information about the Eden family. To take back to those who hadn't dared to show up.

"Are you sure you should. Isn't it too much for you?" Cassidy, a girl from my school, whispered holding me back before I could walk up the steps.

Glaring down at her hand that was holding me I snatched it back to my side.

"I'm fine Cassidy." But I wasn't and everybody in the room could tell.

The way my body was shaking, how my eyes were wide in fear and exhaustion.

I already had people mentioning my loss of weight. How cold my hands were and how red my finger tips were because of how much I rubbed them in anxiety.

But I would - no I couldn't miss the chance to see his face one last time.

Slowly making my way up the stairs. I could feel everybody tensing. Their voices quieting down as I made it to my brothers side.

Laying my hands on the black open casket. My body lurched forward as a sob broke through me. My hands began to shake, as well as my legs. The tears racing down my cheeks making it so much harder to look at him.

Gasping in a breathe I laid my shaking palm on his cheeks.

"Kai..." I sobbed taking in his coldness. His warmth gone. His tanned skin, ghostly pale. His cheeks were sunken in. His usual pink lips a pale white. Looking down his face to his neck my knees gave out from under me.

"Kaelani!" I could sense Ariel and Juniper run to my side shielding me from every bodies sight.

"He - how - his neck.... how could he do that? Why.... he left me." Sobs convulsed through my body as I wrapped my palms on my neck. Gasping in for a breathe as the pain hit me once again.

I thought I had the strength. The power to see him. But how could I, knowing what had gotten him to this position.

What had gotten him in this casket.

"We have to get her out of here." Juniper whispered to Ariel who nodded in agreement.

"No I can't leave.... I promised to always be next to him!" I cried shakily standing to my heeled feet.