Tasha

what does it feel like to die?
like ashes blowing in the wind
he replied

ISR

Chapter Fourteen

Kaelani Bear Eden

"You can't just start a clan Kai! The ancestors have to gift one to you." I breathed out staring as his wide form hunched forward. "Leave Kaelani!" He growled shielding my view of the trees in front of me.

"She's here..." I gasped my eyes widening. Anger engulfed my body as his power fought against my own, trying to make me submit to him.

"We are equals you idiot!" Flicking my wrist, I winced as his body flew onto the dirt floor.

My blood ran cold as a woman's laughter echoed through the trees followed by claps.

"What a show. Thank you darling. I haven't seen such an opera since the late ... late years." She giggled. Narrowing my eyes I managed to see a silhouette.  Her hips swayed from side to side in her figure hugging dress that ended at her bare feet.

"Though I have to say - I do not tolerate my mate to be thrown around like a rag doll." Her sweet voice dropped into a menacing tone making the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

"Regardless of who you are, I will end your miserable little life, Kaelani Eden." She hissed before vanishing before my eyes.

"Leave him alone." I warned keeping alert while trying to keep an eye on Kai as his own eyes flashed around the dark trees.

"Tasha, we agreed." His voice came out different, older, tougher. Standing to his feet he shut his eyes letting his magic roll out of his body and reaching out around the trees, making sure to avoid touching my light.

"No fun darling. I hate when you do that." Gasping I stumbled away. Looking behind me I caught her sly grin as she held her hands up in surrender, her eyes widening with an innocent smile as she moved to Kai's side.

Her waist long brown hair swishing along as the wind played. Her silky dress making her look as if she were floating. She was gorgeous. Her big brown eyes, high cheekbones, full lips and a body with curves in the right places. But the dark magic surrounded her.

The animals around us quieted as they felt her, the moon seemed to disappear from sight, the plants surrounding us withered and the air grew stronger whipping through the trees as if warning us of her presence.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded his fists clenching at his sides as she grinned at him. "I missed you love." Her whispered confession carried through the air making me shiver in disgust.

Leaning into him, she shut her eyes. Before their lips were able to meet, light flowed through my fingertips as I shot it towards her.

Hearing her scream in pain, I felt a sick happiness travel through my body. "I said to leave him alone you sick bastard." I hissed feeling my magic coiling up ready to attack if needed.

Darkness shot through her as she fought the light making her look like a deranged woman. Glancing at my brother I caught him looking at her with disgust as well, before his gaze softened. Kneeling down he moved to get close to her.

"No!" I shouted throwing my body against his. My body recoiled from the darkness that reached out to me as Kai wrapped his arms around my shoulders to take the impact of our fall.

"Fuck Kaelani." He whispered pushing me away from him. Staring wide eyed at me, whimpering on the floor. He held his hand out taking back the dark magic.