~Chapter 5~

Bad sat awkwardly at the end of the long dining table, glancing at Skeppy on the opposite end. The table was unnecessarily long, enough to be able to sit a dozen people on each side between Bad and Skeppy. While it was very impressive, it was also incredibly uncomfortable. The only way for the two of them to make conversation was by shouting at each other, and there was no use in asking the other to pass the salt; it was easier just to eat without it.

"Can I just come over there and eat at the chair beside you?!" Bad shouted, attempting to put an end to their ridiculous predicament. 

"What?!" Skeppy shouted back, evidently not hearing Bad's request. 

"Oh my goodness..." Bad muttered to himself, face-palming. He grabbed his plate of steaming food and walked over to where Skeppy was seated, taking the chair to the diamond man's right. "There, that's better," he said as he sat down.

"What? No, you're supposed to sit at the end of the table," Skeppy said as he forked a bite of steak into his mouth. 

"You can't even hear me when I sit down there!" Bad complained. "It's easier to just sit here."

Skeppy frowned. "Whatever."

"Anyways, I was wondering if you had my basket." Bad changed the topic.

"Uh, what basket?"

"I assume Vurb brought Dream and I directly to you, and if he did, then either he or you have my basket. I would like it back, please." Bad politely requested.

"I dunno, it might be somewhere," Skeppy shrugged. "It's just a basket, why don't you get another one?"

"Because that basket was a special basket. I need it." Bad said. 

"Well I don't really know where it is... Probably in the basement somewhere."

"Can you please try and find it for me, Skeppy? Please," Bad begged.

Skeppy paused in eating and looked over at Bad. Bad was making puppy eyes at Skeppy, the request shining in his green irises.

"I'll look for it," Skeppy sighed. Bad's puppy eyes were too powerful.

"Yay! Thank you, Skeppy!" Bad smiled.

"You know... Technically, you're a prisoner here, so you should have to do all the work," Skeppy pointed out. "If you want your basket, you should look for it yourself."

"I'm not a prisoner!" Bad glared at the diamond boy. "I'm a friend." He crossed his arms decisively.

"A friend? We've known each other for less than a day."

"Yeah, well I bet the only reason you wanted me to stay here for two weeks is because you get lonely here all by yourself," Bad said.

"What? No, that's not-" He groaned, frustrated, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Whatever..."

"It's okay, Skeppy. I'll keep you company. If you ever feel lonely, you can come and talk to me and we'll hang out and you'll never have to be lonely again! Or, at least for two weeks..."

Skeppy was confused at Bad's attitude. The man had innocently picked a flower and Skeppy came along and forced him to stay in the mansion for two whole weeks just because of it. And yet, through it all, Bad was still willing to offer kindness to Skeppy? It didn't make sense.

"Why are you being nice to me?" The diamond man asked. "I literally forced you to stay here against your will, and you're being nice. Why?"

"It's the right thing to do. You're right, I do want to go home, but I also understand that you might be lonely and in need of a friend. If I can be that friend for you, then I will be," Bad said.