Burn marks - Alex summers

|Non binary reader :3|

Your laying on your back looking at the ceiling, absentmindedly playing with the fabric of your shirt. You turn your head to look at the clock on the bed side table, seeing that it's almost 11 pm.

Alex said he would be back by 10, and you were starting to get worried. You turn your head back to look at the ceiling, nervously tapping on your stomach.

You finally sit up and cross your legs and let your hands float down to your lap. You look back at where Alex usually laid right beside you, the empty space making your hand come up to your face and wipe at your eyes.

You were getting tired but you wanted to stay awake to see him. You had both been extremely busy with work, going on missions and helping Professor Xavier find more mutants.

Your head perked up at the sound of keys rattling, and you quickly got out of bed and rushed to the front door. When the door swung open and you saw Alex you couldn't help but break into a smile.

"What's the look for, is there something on my face?"

He chuckled and stepped towards you, hands snaking around your waist and pulling you closer. Your lips connected, his rough hands reaching under your shirt and grabbing your bare waist.

You pull away from the kiss and smile again, leaning your head onto his chest. You hear the door swing shut and the sound of a lock clicking in place.

You step away from Alex, as he lifts his shirt off and you step towards him once more as a look of concern crosses your face. There's a burn mark right across his chest, just like the ones he used to get when he couldn't control his power.

"What happened?"

You run your hands along the scar, looking up at him when he sighs.

"It's nothing, just a little mark. Nothing that hasn't happened before."

"Alex I'm serious, it looks like it hurts."

"And I'm being serious too sweet heart, it doesn't."

You look up at him with a look annoyance in your eyes. You gently press down on the middle of his chest, where the mark looks the deepest. You hear a sharp inhale and then a groan of pain.

"That doesn't sound like "just fine"."

You take his hand in yours, leading him back to your shared bedroom and gesturing for him to sit down on the bed.

You walk into the bathroom rummaging around in drawers to find bandages. You come back seconds later, bandages in hand.

"Y'know, if I knew you were gonna be this over protective I would've just stayed with McCoy."

You replied with a sarcastic "haha" and carry on wrapping his chest.

When your done you take your hand and place it on his chest, gently pushing once more.

"How does that feel?"

"Fine, I told you I don't even need thes-"

You put a finger up to his lips, and shh him.

"You did need them. Don't lie to me."

He rolls his eyes and sighs. He didn't like it when you got worried about him, he felt like he would make you worry too much sometimes and you would forget about yourself.

You stand up, and immediately collapse on the bed next to him. You hear a soft thud, followed by a tiny groan as you see him land right next to you.

You wrap an arm around his chest, pulling your self closer to him and putting a leg over his own. You can feel the warmth coming off his body and snuggle closer to him, resulting in him wrapping an arm around your shoulder and rubbing his thumb in circles on your arm.

You whisper a sleepy "I love you" and before you drift off to sleep, he kisses the top of your head and you hear him say,

"I love you too sleepyhead."

—————
Ahaa I hope you guys like it cause it's my first time doing an imagines thing but yeah :D