Rooftop

Idol life. In a life where everything you do is going to be judged, your image can easily get tainted by a simple mistake, they don't treat you like humans and everything you do should be perfection. The people that tell you that they love you will leave once you make a mistake, no one will stay everyone will leave you if you're not good enough.

Moon Byul-Yi also known as Moonbyul is a rapper of MAMAMOO who gets criticized for mostly everything but she already learned how to dodge all of those, she had learned how to love herself before loving someone else, she has learned to protect her heart. She used to be criticized for being "useless" in their group but she proved them all wrong yet haters don't stop there. 

When things get tight and scary she runs away, she runs far away until she gets tired of running. She would go up the familiar rooftop and sit there in silence, she would stare at the beautiful city lights and feel the cold wind hit her skin. She finds peace of mind in the quietest place and she for once was able to breathe.

One night while she was walking towards her favorite spot, she saw bottles of beers and broken glass scattered around the rooftop. She was curious as to why the place was messy. She then heard soft sobbing and whimpers, she saw a silhouette of a man with his head buried in his knees while his shoulders moved up and down uncontrollably.

Her feet decided to move on their own and walk closer to him, she stopped beside him and she sat next to him. The guy felt her presence and got a little surprised, she smiled at the guy only for it to fade away when she realized who the guy was.

It was Kim Seokjin of BTS and is one of her not so close friend from the 92'liner. They weren't that close because he always seemed quiet and closed off even though he was seen as friendly and lively in front of the camera. He was the total opposite of the Jin in those variety shows, he was always quiet and weird. 

"Jin" she suddenly muttered those words in complete shock, Jin's eyes widen as well. He wiped the tears away as he stood up and dust off his pants. "Sorry," he said quietly before leaving. Byul stared at his figure slowly fading into darkness, she wasn't sure about how to feel but she feels sympathy towards him even though this is the first time they saw each other alone.

*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈

"Where's Jin" Sandeul asked while he looks around trying to find the man that they have been waiting for almost an hour now. "Maybe he's not coming, that guy is busy," Ken said but Sandeul seemed to know something the others don't. Byul on the other hand was just silently watching everything but her silence was interrupted when her phone started ringing. She picked it up without checking who it was.

"I n-need you" she was visibly confused and her friends noticed it, "Who is this?"

"Its Jin, please just please I really need you" his voice was shaky and hoarse and she could feel the pain in every word he muttered. "I'll be there" she answered before dropping the call, she didn't even explain it to her friends and just immediately left.

*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈

She arrived in an unfamiliar place because she had never been to his place like the others, she arrived at his apartment door and gently knocked but no one opened the door. She tapped her foot impatiently until the door swung open revealing a tall guy with puffy eyes, a red nose, and disheveled hair.

"What happened to you?" she didn't receive an answer instead he pulled her arm and they started running towards who knows where. "We should take my car if you want to go somewhere" she offered but Jin disregarded her offer and continued running until they arrived on a familiar rooftop.

She fell silent as she looked at the guy who silently sat on the ground while he for the first time smiled while looking at the sky. She was about to sit with him when it started raining, the rain poured hard but he didn't mind and just stayed there.

She wanted to tell him to go somewhere else but he seemed peaceful like this so she just sat next to him. She slowly leaned her head towards his shoulder but Jin didn't mind at all. They were soaking wet and they most probably will get sick but they don't mind.

"Thank you for coming here with me" he broke the silence and finally spoke, Byul chuckled as she gently shakes her head. "You dragged me here" 

"Are you mad?" she shakes her head and smiles sweetly at him.
"Why did you call me when you could've called someone else?" she was curious, why her when he has other friends that he was closer to. She was a nobody to him but he would rather run away with her.

"You were the first one to see me cry in this place" he answered.

"I feel honored then" she suddenly felt his arms gently wrap around her frame making her flinch a little but becoming comfortable afterward. 

*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈*┈┈┈┈

After that surprising event something changed between them and everyone noticed it, she would always go to his apartment and vice versa. They were so inseparable and you wouldn't see the other one without the other. Some fans even spotted them running around the city at midnight but they don't mind being seen by others.

It was another night and both of them were resting on the rooftop. She felt a soft kiss on her cheek that made her giggle, she hugged him tight before closing her eyes and feeling the wind hug the both of them. He caressed her hair gently, he was smiling more and his smile gets wider when he's with her.

He planted a kiss on the top of her head, he wanted to protect her, she wanted to do the same. This rooftop witnessed it all, this rooftop saw them cry, saw their first kiss, saw their first fight, and saw their laughs and happiness.

They met here, they ran here, and they will always come back on this same old rooftop. The place that saw their struggles. They both were running away from the same thing. 

He was criticized for being "useless" in the group and that the group would be fine without him, she was experiencing the same thing and the rooftop comforted them, they ease each other's worries and made each other feel important and needed.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

A/N: Things have been rough for me but I'm doing well now but my updates won't be every day. I might do it thrice a week or something.

Hope you enjoyed this and love you all...