Chapter 5

It had been four days since the avengers went on the mission, they're coming back today. Sarah woke up at dawn and packed all her things and placed her bag on the bed she had already made, "someone's ready to go home" Laura said and chuckled, Sarah smiled then quickly turned to a frown, "do you think everyone's ok?" She asked. Laura put her hand on Sarah's head, "everyone's fight sweetie, come on help me make breakfast" she nodded and helped Laura in the kitchen with the toast and eggs.

Sarah sat by the window, drawing in her notebook, nothing super artistic most of it was just random scribbles and sketches of patterns. She heard tyres crunching on the gravel, two black SUVs drove in and came to a halt. Sarah looked at Laura who returned a confused expression, they both walked outside, thank god Clints kids were with their grandparents. "Is Sarah Rogers here?" A man in all black asked, "that's me, where's my dad?" She asked nervously, "miss Rogers we are shield agents, here to escort you back to the compound" Sarah looked at Laura, "can I call Director Fury to confirm?" She asked taking a protective stance in front of Sarah. The agents nodded and Laura took out her phone and called Fury, they spoke for a few minutes then she hung up the phone, "all good, go grab your bag" she said and smiled, Sarah nodded and ran upstairs grabbing her bag.

Sarah gave Laura a hug before getting in to one of the black SUVs, inside was Coulson, Maria and some other agents. She shifted nervously, this has never happened before not even before the blip. Sarah didn't say anything just sat stared at her feet before one of the agents spoke up, "so why have we turned in to a taxi service?" He had an English accent, another agent glared at him "shut up Hunter, shes Caps kid" Sarah listened to the conversation but didn't look up. "Hey, you excited to see everyone?" Maria asked Sarah, she looked up at her "uh yeah I guess" she replied shyly. They all exchanged looks, "you don't sound too happy, something happen?" Coulson interrupted, "no, just I've never been taken home by a team of agents before, kinda weird" Coulson smiled, "the mission was tougher than they thought, your dad asked we take you as a safety precaution" Sarah nodded, then heard a phone ring, Coulson took his phone out his pocket and answered, his face turned from relaxed to concerned, "ok" he said and ended the call, "we gotta take her back to base, Fury's orders."

The car drove to a facility Sarah had never seen before, she was scared and confused. "Where are we?" She asked nervously, "it's a shield base" Maria said from behind her, "we just need to keep you here until your dad can come get you" Sarah nodded. She was taken to a room with some couches and a tv. She brought her knees to her chest and watched as agents were walking around doing their work, one of the agents walked towards her and sat opposite her. "Hey, it's Sarah right?" She nodded, "I'm Bobbi" Sarah gave a forced smile "hi" she replied quietly. "How you holdin up?" She asked softly, you could tell she cared, "ok I guess, just confused, i don't know what's going on this has never happened before", she nodded understandingly "I'd say you're handling it pretty well, I would've freaked out by now" she said with a smile, Sarah smiled back "well when your dads a 105 year old super soldier not much freaks you out anymore" She replied, Bobbi chuckled.

"Hey hate to break up the bonding session but there's a certain man who's rather desperate to see his daughter and I don't fancy making this one angry" Hunter interrupted, Sarah practically leapt out her seat and ran out the room, followed by Hunter and Bobbi. She stopped for a second when she saw her dad stood at the end of the hall talking to Coulson, "dad!" He turned around and Steve breathed out a huge sigh of relief, Sarah ran to him and jumped in to his arms. "Jesus Christ shes fast" Hunter said out of breath, "are you ok?!" Steve said whilst checking her over, she squirmed "I'm fine, what's going on why am I here" Sarah questioned, Steve looked at the agents stood there, "the mission went bad, your name was on one of the lists of....gifted people, you need to stay in protection."