29

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

"hey," Declan greeted when Seren joined the server.

she gulps when she heard his low deep voice through the phone. "h-hey..."

even though they already talked to each other alone during the time when he helped her with calculus and during their breakfast every morning, Seren still felt really nervous as soon as she heard his voice.

"should I start the game?"

"yeah, yeah.... sure, go..."

"alright," he said then his thumb hovered to the start button before pressing it.

"bakit search and destroy?" Seren murmured as she clicked her tounge when she saw it on her phone's screen. It was supposed to be a whisper but of course, it didn't escape Declan's ears that makes him bit his lower lip, suppressing himself from smiling just by hearing her soft voice.

"why?" he chuckled. "get the bomb, Seren."

"no... ikaw na mag plant, i hate search and destroy the most. hindi ako sanay d'yan, swear..." she said while frowning.

"c'mon, get it... i'll go with you. assist kita." Declan assures her.

"fine..." she says without any second thoughts then get the bomb and start moving.

***

"shit!" Seren curse when she got shot in the first few minutes of the game. "told you! i'm not that good at this!"

"it's alright. i'll plant this one and then you'll go for the second one, okay?" he said after he killed the one who shot Seren then he immediately pick up the bomb and plant it when he killed again the last one.

"nice one! galing mo!" she exclaimed when the bomb finally explode and they get the first point. Declan just smirk and nod even if he knows that she couldn't see his reaction.

"now, go and get that bomb," he commanded again but because Seren died in the first few minutes of the game for the first point, she shook her head.

"ikaw na, mamamatay lang ulit ako." she said while pouting.

"you're with me, don't worry. it's gonna be fine, alright?"

Seren shut her eyes and bit the inner of her cheeks when she heard that assurance from him again, then she heaved a deep sigh and pick up the bomb from where it is.

focus, Seren. you're bad at this, but you're not 'that' bad at this. don't be nervous. c'mon, you can do this. she pondered to herself while biting her lips.

***

"why?" Seren asked when she heard Declan's chuckling.

"nothing," he said as he tried to suppress his chuckles while listening to Seren's random noises when playing.

tang ina, cute mo. he thought without noticing the smile that's escaping from his lips from time to time.

***

"nice kill!" Declan commented when she killed one before they reached the bomb detonation spot.

"plant the bomb, Seren."

"okay," she said then chuck the smoke grenade on the floor before she planted it.

"done..."

"alright, two hostiles to go," Declan said as they are defending the spot and waiting for the hostiles to come for them.

"last one..." Seren whispered when she killed the other one.

"nice shot," he commented that makes Seren blush. she could even imagine how red she looks right now just by the heat she's feeling right through her cheeks.

"thanks for the assist,"

when the last hostile appeared behind Declan's back, she slide before she fired to kill the last one.

"niceeeee!" he said proudly and chuckled.

"good shit, baby..." he added pa that makes Seren's brain failed to operate normally and her heart beats fast as hell as she's continuously processing what did he just called her.