{Prolouge}

{-❃-}

The dawn of the day shines all throughout the City of Mondstadt.

As windows and doors flung open to greet a new glorious day of freedom.

{-❃-}

Streets flooding with cheerful and carefree people, as shopkeepers opened their stores and children joyfully playing tag in the busy plaza; laughter swirling in the air. Despite the hustle and bustle, the noise was nothing compared to the ever-glowing and prosperous Liyue Harbor, which was booming with loud chatter and gossip out in the open. Down the pavement of Mondstadt, numerous citizens traveled in their own journeys and expeditions for the day; Adventurers gathered at the Guild's Headquarters to share intel of the latest news, leisurely shoppers study every store offered in the city like Marjorie's Souvenir Shop or the General Goods owned by Blanche, Knights of Favonius roaming around their stations and keeping their guard, whilst others dine at Good Hunter, Angel's Share or Cat's Tail. Bards humming and plucking the delicate strings of the lyre, singing tall tales of freedom, peace, and love; enchanting passersby and charming them with eloquent poems.

The sun shines on the metal pendant of the alchemist's leather body strap, as he began strolling the cobblestone road. With every step, the tinkling of his coat's chains, and the sound of his heel clacking against the floor rang in his ear. His sword, Harbinger of Dawn, sheathed on his back; it wasn't as intricate or special as the sword named 'Festering Desire' that he found. Nevertheless, He favored the minimalist design and believing it served him a good purpose in his dangerous encounters. He was known to be observant with the tiniest details, rationalizing situations with collected facts, shreds of evidence, and predict accurate results. Ever since his arrival in Mondstadt, the city has been recognized for its great knowledge of the ancient art of alchemy they now hold, some people proclaimed that the said alchemist can even rival the scholars in Sumeru. Much as the praise he received from intellectuals and scholars alike; he seems troubled when it comes to sparking social relations. Draining him of most of his energy, with the exception of his half-sister, Klee, leading to little to no progress being done for his research.

Speaking of draining, he stopped dead in his tracks by a few admirers along the way to the Favonius Headquarters, due to the account of his recent breakthrough bringing a massive boost of popularity to Mondstadt. This endeavor costs him quite a lot of time.

"Oh! Great Albedo! It is an honor to meet you!" a young scholar approached him, smiled politely as she shakes the hand of the chief alchemist.

Taken aback by the name given to him, he returns the smile and shaking her hand as a respectful gesture. The scholar enamored by his snow pale skin, ash-blonde hair, and his twinkling turquoise eyes had lost her for words, completely starstruck, while her mouth gaping in awe. The soft jawline and a body type perfect for his height, and an alluring gold primo-shaped birthmark centered in his neck. Just as though he was a sculptor's masterpiece brought to life, not a single bruise nor any imperfection in plain sight.

Albedo, being the gentleman that he is, held her chin and gently closes her mouth. He chuckles in response to the situation. "Thank you for the kind praise but I apologize for I must cut this conversation short, I have several matters to attend to at the moment," he spoke as the young girl flustered in the sudden move, giving her butterflies in her stomach.

"If you do have any questions or important business you would like to converse with me, do not hesitate to appoint a meeting anytime." His soothing and calm voice that came from his mouth brought the girl back to her senses, apologizing for spacing out.