The Invitation (Y/N POV)

The bus arrived at the back of the school and let all the annoying teens out.

"So.. Y/N? Got any plans for Valentines Day?" Vanessa asked.

"Nah. I think I'll just stay at home and watch movies.. or something." I roll my eyes. Valentines Day? It's gross.. plus nobody asks me to be their Valentine, anyways.

"Perfect! I'm hosting a party at my house that night and I'd love for you to come!" She smiled, obviously trying to get me to go.

"Oh uhm.. No than-" I started to mutter.

"But! What if you meet someone.. maybe.. the one!" She interrupted.

"Fine! Fine.. I'll go since you're gonna force me to in the end." I sighed.

The bell rang, which meant it was time to head to my first class, history. I didn't mind the class.. except for one tiny little thing.. Pico.

Pico was a redhead with anger issues. I didn't like him one bit.. well.. that's a lie. I do like him, but he makes me so mad sometimes. Whenever we're stuck working together he puts all the work onto me so he can go smoke cigarettes or whatever.

And another thing. I sit right next to the asshole..

I got to my seat and could immediately tell Pico was having a bad day. How, you may ask? He didn't smell like smoke for once.

"Oh no.. Did you lose your box of cigars, again?" I scoffed, slightly smirking to myself.

"Can it, Y/N." Pico turned away from me, huffing in anger.

"Looks like the carrot heads frustrated. What's wrong now?" I asked, letting my head rest on my fist while I looked over at Pico.

"I told you to shut up." He growled under his breath.

"You know I'm not gonna listen to you, right? So how about you tell me what's wrong-" I crossed my arms, leaned in close to him and continued to stare.

"Look I-" Pico quickly turned around, but paused the moment he noticed how close I was to him. He blushed out of embarrassment and anger before pushing my face away.

"Hey! Don't touch me with your.. cigarette hands."

"I haven't even seen a cigar today, Y/N. And my hands are clean-"

"Uh-huh.. Sure~.. Anyways.. Do plan on finishing your sentence from earlier?" I laugh, looking back at Pico.

"No. No I do not."

I was about to say something when the teacher began taking role call. After the teacher finished, he gave us more partner work.. meaning that I gotta do two sheets of paper because Picos being lazy again.

"Why can't you ever just help me out a little bit? You're grades are horrible because you don't do any work.. you know that, right?" I whisper low enough so the teacher doesn't hear.

"Why do you care? They're my grades not yours." Pico leaned back in his chair, getting comfortable.

"Yeah.. but what if the teacher notices that my hand writing is on both papers? He'll take points off for both of us."

"Well.. That's just too bad." He placed his feet up onto the table.

"Ugh.." I immediately get to work, doing both papers at the same time.

I turned the work in just as the bell rang, signaling all the kids to the next class.