Fresh start

They say it takes one moment to change your entire life. Everyone has that one time that could change your life for the better or for the worse. It could be getting into the university of your dreams and achieving your goals or finally getting justice for something you care about. Many circumstances all with their own rewards and consequences.

Question is......can we make the outcome the way we want? In some situations yes others no but one thing we can't change is that it will happen and the outcome is final.

If you ask me I would do anything to know why certain things happen the way they do and to certain people. People like me. My moment, not so great.

Flashback...

I was sitting in class listening to Mr. Philips our English teacher giving us our assignment for winter break. Time was going slow. I kept glancing at the clock watching the second hand go tik tok tik tok tik to– I was snapped back into reality by the teacher.
"Miss Walker are you paying attention?" I looked at mr. Philips to find him looking at my not so happy.
"I'm sorry sir it won't happen again."

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment. I looked around the classroom and to my relief nobody really cared as they seemed to be in their own world's.

Finally the bell rang. I packed all my things and headed to my locker only to find the one person I was not looking forward to see.

"Hey sweet cheeks." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.
"What do you want Cameron?" I spat angrily.
"Oohh someone's feisty." He said laughing. Let me introduce you to Cameron Marshall, school's golden boy and quarterback of the football team also my ex-boyfriend.

"Do me a favour and go and bother someone else or entertain the millions of girls drooling over you." I continued arranging my locker not glancing at him once.
"Aww is someone jealous, you know all this could be yours," he gestured to himself, "only of you give me what I deserve." Now the reason why we broke up.

Cameron and I had been dating for almost two years and last Friday was his eighteenth birthday and he asked me no scratch that demanded that I give my virginity to him as a birthday gift. It not that I don't like Cameron it's just that I want my first to be the right guy and Cameron just wasn't him so when I refused and went to get us drinks, I found him kissing some other girl.

When I confronted him he dumped me on the spot, humiliated me Infront of everyone and continued kissing that girl in front of me. Ugghhhhh some boys are just trash!

"Rejected you the first time and Im doing it again." Right at that moment, Monique Alexander, the girl Cameron cheated on me with appeared.

"Hey babe I was look– ew why are you talking to her?" She looked at me with disgust her eyes saying he's mine now so back off. Oh Hun you can have him.

"Your so called boyfriend here," I said with a smirk, "was suggesting that we meet up for activities I dare not say in public. Then again what do you expect, " I stepped closer to Cameron, " leftovers aren't always as sweet." With that I gave them a wink and left head held high knowing I just shot down my ex. Damn girl you are on fire.

Though my victory would be short lived cause when I arrived home I didn't expect the news at all. My big brother Jacob was in the living room holding my crying little sister.

"Jacob, Zoey what's wrong?" I went and sat down next to them.
"Cassie they're gone mom and dad got into an accident and died on the spot."

At that moment my body froze. I couldn't hear anything or anyone. I immediately shut down. I don't know when I started crying but I did. I cried for hours every single night. I couldn't believe they my parents, my mom and dad were just gone. All the memories and laughter stuck on repeat in my brain. Pictures of the past all around the house torturing me showing me what I could never have again.

After weeks of mourning, we finally buried them and gave them a wonderful ceremony. We went back home and looked through all the good times we had when they were still here laughing and crying at the same time.

"What will happen now Jacob?"
"Well..... I can't take care of all three of us and still manage to attend college so I think it's best to go live with grandpa in Middleton. I'll deal with everything back here at home and when I'm able if I'll be able, you guys can move back here."

I walked over to him and gave him a hug." It's okay, we'll stay with grandpa as long as you need."

I was having a hard time sleeping when I heard a knock at the door. The door opened and I saw my little sister come in holding her favourite stuffed bear, Mr. Teddy.

"Sissy can I sleep here tonight?"
"Of course you can. C'mere. What's wrong?"
"I miss mommy and daddy." If it was so hard for me to deal with this I wonder what my six year old sister was feeling.
"I know Z I miss them too."

That one moment had changed our lives forever.

Flashback over.........

Now

I parked my white jeep right behind my brother's car and got out. In front of me stood a huge house. I hadn't visited my grandpa in a long time but the memories are still there.

"Hey Cassie! Could you help me with the luggage!" Jacob called from behind me.
"Sure thing I'll be there in a second."
I walked up the driveway when suddenly the front door flew open and out came a buff old man. He was fit with light grey hair and grey eyes identical to mine.

"Cassandra! Pumpkin come give give your grandpa a hug." He smiled warmly at me and I couldn't help but smile back. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug.
"I know it's not under the best circumstances but I'm glad you're here."
" It's nice to see you too grandpa."

"Grandpa!" Zoey ran and jumped into grandpa's hands.
"Why hello there princess. You know a little birdie told me there's a whole room just for you and it's pink." Immediately her eyes lit up." For me!?"
"Go ahead and see for yourself."

She dashed into the house not caring to wait for anyone.
"Be careful Z!" My brother said.
"Hey grandpa, thanks for taking us in. We really appreciate it."
"Nonsense you're family you're welcome anytime now let's get these stuff inside."

"I'll be back." Suddenly remembering something. I went to the backyard to the path my mom and I used to take when I was young. My fingers slowly skimmed over the rare flowers that grow along the path. So many memories came flooding back to me and I could feel the tears at the corners of my eyes threatening to fall.

Flashback......

"See these flowers Cassie?" My mom asked me.
"Yeah?"
"If you ever miss me when I go for too long these flowers remind you I'll always be there." She said with smile.
"Really?" I asked my eyes lighting up.
"Yes." She said laughing.

Flashback over.........

"I miss you so much mom I wish you were here." With those words I turned back to the house.
I need to build back my life. It was time for a fresh start.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi wattpad readers! Ummmm so I decided to write a book here. Ngl kinda freaking out. I'm not a professional writer but I do hope you enjoy my story. Comment,like, vote and share I would really appreciate it ☺️ no pressure though ❤️. Till next time.

Signing out 🖋️
Gial❤️