Green Eyes

Once we had settled in, Jacob had to deal with some things back at home and only had the weekend since he was in college. While everyone were doing other things I was busy freaking in my room. Today being Saturday, I only had today and tomorrow then Monday which was my first day at Middleton High.

It's not like I have social anxiety I just have major trust issues ever since my parents died. I remember how my friends all left me when they heard the news.

Flashback.......

It's been a week since we buried my parents. We were going to leave for Middleton in a few days and I wanted to say goodbye to my friends. It was lunch time and I immediately spotted them at our usual table. Even though I had just lost my parents, I managed to put a smile on my face for them. They were my best friends after all, or at least that's what they made me think.

"Hey Bri. Hey Nat." They looked at me weird and with disgust. I was so confused. "What's up?"

Brianna spoke for both of them. "What are you doing?"
"Ummm eating lunch with my best friends. What's wrong with that?"
"What's wrong is that you're at the wrong table."
"What do you mean this is our usual table." I was starting to get suspicious and a little hurt.
"We are not your friends. You're an orphan now and poor since your parents are dead." Brianna spat.

I was completely shocked, confused and hurt. Why would she say that?!
"What the heck Brianna!? How dare you say that!? It's rude and disrespectful. I just lost my parents and I'm moving and you have the audacity to say that! You're supposed to be my friend!"

By this time the whole cafeteria was watching us bicker. "Don't you get it Cassandra! We never liked you nobody did. Cameron, he was just dating you for a bet. Natalie and I were only your friends for your money but now that you have nothing to offer us, you're a useless waste of space. Wow you're stupid. The fact that you thought that somebody actually liked you is pathetic, you're pathetic. So get it through your thick skull that your not wanted here." She said smirking seeing my broken face.

Tears were running down my face as I looked at the two girls who I thought were my friends only to find out I was being used. I was so overwhelmed with emotions I didn't even notice Natalie go behind me and pour a whole milkshake on my head. The cafeteria roared with laughter.

Come on Natalie. We don't want to stay next to trash." They walked away and sat next to Monique and Cameron. I quickly ran out of the cafeteria to my car and drove home. I never came back to school till we left for Middleton.

Flashback over............

"You'll be fine. Everything will be fine. Let's pray to God they aren't as bad as the others and they surely won't use you for your money." I tried giving myself a pep talk. One thing about Middleton High, it's full of kids from well off families due to Middleton being a wealthy town because of its rare flower the midnight rose. It's rare beauty and properties have developed the town greatly.

To cool my nerves, I decided to go for a run. Grandpa took us for a walk around the town so I know enough not to get lost. I quickly change into a plain white crop sweater and jogging pants plus some converse. I took my phone and connected them to my airpods.

"I'm going for a jog grandpa I'll be back in an hour." I said passing the kitchen.
"Don't stray too far."
"I won't."

I put one of my favourite songs to get my moods up. 'Can't stop the feeling'.
I got out and started my jog. I run according to the beats of the song feeling the music flow through me. I could feel myself smile as my moods were uplifted.

I slowed down as I approached Sandy's sweets and treats. Mmmm I could go for a milkshake right now. I walked into the house and immediately fell in love in the place. Yup I'm definitely coming here more often. I went to the counter and saw nobody but just as I was about to leave, an old lady, probably a few years younger than grandpa came out from the back. She had white hair and was short considering the fact that I'm five foot four. She was dressed in a pink dress and a white apron. She looked sweet.

"Well hello dear. I've never seen you around before, what's your name?"
"Hi. I'm Cassandra. I just moved here with my small sister. My grandpa is Mr. Walker."
"I'm Sandy. Nice to meet you Hun. So you're Charles granddaughter, you're more prettier than he told me. I'm sorry about your parents dear but I assure you there's no place a like home here in Middleton. How about a milkshake on the house to welcome you hmm?" She said with a smile.
"Thank you that would be really nice." I replied.

She gave me a strawberry milkshake to go and told me to visit more often. I said goodbye and headed home. The sun was setting and the sky was a beautiful array of colours. I looked up and gazed in wonder.

"So beaut–" next thing I knew I bumped into a hard chest and was falling to the ground when a hand snaked around my waist catching me before I fell. "I'm so sorry I did–"  I looked up to see the most handsome guy I've ever seen. He had dark chocolate brown hair and forest green eyes that I could get lost in forever. His skin was tan and he had a defined jawline. In short he was a Greek god. The son of Zeus himself!

He was so much taller than me. At least 6 feet tall. Damn I must be dreaming and I don't ever wanna wake up.
" Hey."Oh sweet mercy his voice sent a shiver down my spine.
"Hi." I said in a small voice. He looked at me scanning every inch of my face as if committing it to his memory.

"You should watch where you're going sweetheart you might hurt yourself." He let go of my waist and left me standing there trying to recover from what just happened.

What did just happen? Who was that? What's his name? Damn I didn't even get his name. What is wrong with you Cass. I mentally face palmed myself. The way he called me sweetheart with that deep voice was swoon worthy. Wait what am I thinking? Bad Cassie bad bad Cassie.

I got home and took a nice long shower. We ate dinner as I told grandpa about Sandy leaving out green eyes. I'm not sure the idea of boys would excite grandpa at the moment.

That night I changed into pyjamas and got into bed but as soon as I closed my eyes all that popped up in my mind were those green eyes. That stranger had managed to capture each and every one of my thoughts. One question repeatedly played I'm my mind.

Who are you green eyes?

-------------------------------------------------------
Well well well who was that?😏
Anyways a new chapter. Hope you like it. As always comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote and share I really appreciate it ☺️

Till next time
Signing out 🖋️
-Gial ❤️