Chapter Five

As we all were walking out the the theater, throwing out our empty soda cans and popcorn buckets on the way out. My eyes were dry from crying, the movie overall was hard to breathe through and was truly just depressing yet adorable.
      Clay had cried once too, but managed to hide it better than me. A couple seats over, Sam was balling her eyes out and scavenging through her purse for tissues every once in a while.
      We made our way to the car and hopped in.
      "Do you guys want to go home, or go out somewhere else? I mean, it's been over two hours we've been out but we have plenty of time. It's 1:03p.m. right now," Nicholas commented, tapping his finger on the wheel impatiently.
      "I think we should just go home," I murmured, yawning as I relaxed my weight to rest on Clay's arm.
      "Great, just know me and Sam are probably going to be moaning and stuff," He warned.
      "Not in my house. You and her can do whatever somewhere else, like her house," I scoffed, cringing at his comment.
      "Chill out, I was kidding. We were actually planning on watching another movie downstairs called Freaky, it's a new movie and I think its great. I've watched it a few times, maybe you guys should join us again," He proposed.
     "No, we're going to stream together," I declined.
     "Are you sure? All the pressure of the engagement and wedding and child is probably going to get in the way a little. Especially because everyone who checks my Tweets already know about the engagement," He pointed out. Alarm shot through me. I hadn't told anyone. Did Nicholas tell his fans?
      "What? Nicholas, you can't do that! That's personal information that's between us," Clay lectured, stiffening.
      "You guys are so easy to be teased, I have no idea how you've managed with me over all these years. I didn't post anything about that, unless you guys did nobody knows about it," He replied, snickering. I sighed with relief, but I was still irritated with how bad Nick worried me.
      "Alright whatever, we'll watch the movie. It's only because you out me on edge, so don't be encouraged to scare us like that again," I agreed grudgingly.
       "Sweet." He pulled back the gear shift and began driving.
      On the way home Clay stared out the window longingly.
      "Are you alright?" I asked him. He turned his head and we met eyes.
      "Mhm, why?" He confirmed.
      "You just looked a little... homesick, I guess," I responded. He shrugged.
      "I guess you could say that. But there's no home to miss because we're going home right now. Besides, we'll go back to Florida soon enough to see the baby," He murmured. Oh my gosh, the baby. I was certain it would be born early like it is for a lot of moms, which meant within roughly a week we'd be holding our new son.
      Clay noticed how I had zoned out, my mind swirling with troubled thoughts about how I could possibly be a good father. He smiled and leaned in to kiss my cheek which brought me back to reality.
      "I know it's going to be tough. Trust me, I'm more scared than I've ever been before. I'm just doing a rather fine job hiding it," He comforted, drawing me in a bit closer to him. I fiddled with my hoodie strings.
       I zoned out for a moment again to take a trip down memory lane.
      How did this even all happen? I have been mere friends with him for eleven years, and a few days later spending the whole day with him and I already fall for him. I ran into a forest and start a fire and watched him sleep for six months, clinging on to the slightest bit of hope that still lingered but slowly faded. I watched him crumble and try to rebuild himself. We went to our first club together and that didn't end well. I cheat on him and somehow manage to be forgiven. Not soon after and I invited him to live with me. We chilled at home together and unfortunately began to drift away from lack of interaction. Suddenly, Clay does this weird change and Nicholas shows up out of nowhere. I was proposed to, and now we're here.
      How? All by Clay's luring voice when he flirts unobviously. All by a simple kiss that started it all.
      "George?" Only then I returned to reality and I was aware of Clay gently whispering in my ear my name. Then, I realized I had zoned out to the point that I had practically fallen asleep. I was relaxed up against Clay who had shifted so I could rest on his chest. I immediately blushed and straightened.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had nearly fallen asleep on you," I apologized, though Clay smiled, his green eyes that I was unfortunately unable to see glimmering with affection.
      "Are we home?" I asked, staring out through the window behind Clay.
      "Almost, we're on the street of your house," He answered. Soon after, Nicholas pulled into the garage. We all exited the car and headed inside.
      I immediately threw myself down onto the couch closest to the television after sliding off my shoes. Clay joined me, and once again I was comforted by his warmth. Nicholas and Sam sat down next to each other on a separate couch and opened up Amazon.
      "Do you have an Amazon account?" He questioned as he searched up the movie.
      "Yeah," I replied.
      "Great, 'cause I don't know how to hook up mine so you'll have to pay for the movie," He told me, but before I could stop him he already bought it.
      I sighed, but smiled. At least it didn't cost much.  Nick started it up and set down the remote, propping himself up so Sam could rest against him more comfortingly.
      "You're totally the girl of this relationship," Clay whispered to me after seeing how Nick and Sam were cuddled up.
       "Honestly, that's kind of true," I admitted. Clay laughed softly and ran his fingers through my hair soothingly.
      I stared at the screen as it flicked from scene to scene and it reminded me of when we watched Hanna together, cuddled up like this. Too bad the show ended.
       The moment it reached a gory scene, I couldn't hold back a whimper. I wouldn't say I have a phobia of blood, but most definitely a fear. Clay laid his hand over my eyes and suppressed a snicker.
      "Georgie can't take a little blood, huh?" He jeered. I scoffed and straightened, sitting up.
      "I can handle it perfectly fine," I lied, glancing back at the TV only to see more red spurting as someone was brutally murdered. I yelped and shrunk back onto Clay. Sam and Nicholas glanced at me, weirded out.
      Clay wrapped his arms around me comfortingly. I peeked through my fingers to see that the clip was over, and I drew my hands away from my face.
      "Just to warn you, this is not going to be the last scene like that. There's plenty of blood throughout the entire movie," Nick warned. I sighed.
     "Good luck," Clay whispered by my ear. I smiled, though I knew he was being sarcastic.
     Before I knew it, my eyes had closed and I had dazed off, falling asleep.