PROLOGUE

"I think we're in need of some serious team building."

Pin was addressing The Losers. After the mess that was the last challenge and the aftermath, she had decided to step up and take the helm. Someone needed to.

Coiny nodded. "The next challenge isn't for another month or so, so we're taking advantage of the downtime to try and well, uh.. stabilize? The team? You know what I mean."

The rest of The Losers sat in uncomfortable silence, listening. With the dispute between.. certain individuals, and the Clock situation on top of that... yeah. You do know what he means.

"We'll be going on a small roadtrip over the weekend, for those who want to join." Pin explained.

Cake gritted his teeth. "Oh, um. I already have plans with Pie this weekend."

"And I also have plans." Eggy added.

Cake looked at her. "With Pie??"

"No, in general."

"Oh that's fine! Like I said, this is "for those who want to join". This isn't mandatory or anything." Pin replied. "Just.. thought we should hang out more as a team, is all. You're cool, you're cool."

She turned to the rest of the group, who had no excuses. "So, are the rest of you coming?"

"Count me in!"

"Sure."

"Duh."

"..."

Clock.. didn't know how to feel about all this. After spending several months dead because your team forgot you existed, would you want to go on a roadtrip with them? And as a some sort of team building exercise? It's certainly not YOUR fault you were the only one keeping track of who was dead, after all.

"Clock?"

"I don't know.."

"C'mon, Clock." Coiny put a hand on Clock's shoulder (or whatever the equivalent of a shoulder is on a clock). "We'll make a weekend of it!" He shot him an awkward smile.

Clock sighed. "Fine. What's the worst that could happen."

Heh.

"Say, how are we going to go on a roadtrip if we don't have a vehicle?" Firey asked a short while later.

"We do have a vehicle? We're going in my camper." replied Coiny.

"Your camper?"

"Yeah, my camper."

"You have a camper??"

Needle cut in, grinning. "Hey, can I bring my motorcycle?"

Coiny turned to her, also grinning. "Your motorcycle?"

"Yeah, my motorcycle."

Firey caught on. "Hey this bit sucks."

"(Hush) You have a motorcycle? :)"

Coiny snickered before readdressing Firey. "Ok real talk, I rented a camper the other day." He motioned towards the treeline, and sure enough, a camper was sitting there. Pin was loading a small bag onto it.

"Ah, ok. And I'm guessing you rented a motorcycle.. for some reason?"

"Oh no, I just have one."

"I. Ok." Firey chose not to question this. "Why are you bringing it anyway, if we have the camper?"

"Might need an extra set of wheels. It's good to be prepared."

"Speaking of being prepared," Pin interjected, suddenly rejoining the small group, "Can you remind the other two to pack, Needle? We leave tomorrow morning."

"Oh, sure."

Leafy sat against a tree, listening to the sounds of the darkening evening, quietly thinking to herself. Thinking about the previous day. The challenge. The changes to the environment. The changes to... well. Hm. A lot had changed very quickly. Perceptions, meanings, impacts...

She shook herself from this. Come on. You already sulked a good deal yesterday. Think about something else. Something more.. enjoyable. Something less.. depressing. Something-

"Hey Leafy-"

Leafy jumped, startled. It was Needle.

"Oh! Uh- Hi Needle!" She shot a shaky smile at her.

"Sorry to startle you. Pin said to remind you and Clock to pack. We leave in the morning."

"Ah. Okay."

She watched Needle walk off in search of Clock. Her mind drifted again, this time thinking about the road trip.

She was looking forward to it, it'd been a while since she'd gotten out and about, but at the same time.. would it be enjoyable? She was only really on good terms with Coiny. She wasn't sure what Pin, Clock, or Needle thought of her. And Firey..... well.

She barely slept that night. She had too much to think about.