CHAPTER 12

A/N; Am I really only on Episode 3? I'm going to be writing this book forever

"Anytime," Mei says rocking on her heels. The two girls make eye contact. Julie's eyes move down to Mei's lips once or twice but it was Mei who made the first move.

Mei takes a step forward and...

Footsteps and rustling of leaves make Mei and Julie take a step away from each other. The footsteps get closer and Flynn appears from around the corner. She is dressed from head to toe in black with a backpack carried on her shoulder. 

"Flynn, what are you doing here?" Julie asks. Flynn never comes over at night without calling ahead. 

"I-uh" Flynn stutters. Mei looks at the girl and at the backpack. The backpack was open, showing a carton of eggs. Mei raised an eyebrow but doesn't say anything. 

"I was just leaving this" Flynn says reaching into her backpack. She pulls out a white t-shirt that says 'Double Trouble'. "I won't need it anymore" Flynn hands Julie the shirt. 

"I'm not taking it" Julie replies handing the shirt back to Flynn. 

"Fine, then my dad can wash his car with it. Though all the betrayal might scratch his paint" 

"Look, I'm very sorry for not telling you. But I-I need you to know how important you are to me. There's no way I would've made it through this year if it wasn't for you" 

"Yet it was four strangers who got you back into music. I don't need someone in my life who lies and keeps things from me. Goodbye Julie." Flynn says. The girl begins to walk away but Mei slightly pushes her back. 

"We are ghosts," Mei says after taking a deep breath. 

"What?"

"The boys and I in the band are ghosts. We aren't holograms. We are ghosts and when we play with Julie, people can see them." 

"What do you mean ghosts?" 

'Do I really have to explain this?' 

"We are ghosts, dead. We've been dead for the past 25 years. We are just normal dead people" 

"Although Reggie is a little questionable" Julie says. Mei nudges her slightly but hides a smile. 

Flynn pulls out her phone and begins to type. 

"Who are you texting?" Julie asks. 

"Your dad. He told me to text him if I was worried about you. And um, I'm worried. You're seeing things Julie." Flynn says not looking up from her phone. 

Mei takes the phone from Flynns hands. 

"Hey, give that back!" Flynn shouts. 

"Not until you listen to what Julie has to say," Mei puts the phone in her back pocket. 

"All right, so you want to be difficult." Julie says. "Meet me in my mom's studio tomorrow morning before school and I'll prove to you that I'm not crazy. And please don't text my dad" Julie says. Mei hands Flynn back her phone. 

"Okay, I'll be here tomorrow" Flynn says. 

Mei can't hold back her curiosity anymore. 

"Flynn, what's up with the eggs?" Mei says looking at the backpack. 

"Eggs? Why did you bring eggs?" Julie questions. 

Flynn chuckles awkwardly "Um, no. See, I grabbed those by mistake. It's not like I was going to throw them at your bedroom window or anything." 

"Awkward" Mei sings. 

"I'll see you tomorrow morning," Flynn says and she runs away from the house. 

Julie sighs and turns to Mei. "Do you really think this will work?" 

"Of course it will. It was my plan" Mei jokes. Julie laughs loudly. Mei smiles. 

Once again, the two girls were face to face. The air was warm and the wind was calm. The moon shined brightly. Somehow the porch light made Julie seem to glow. 

For the second time that evening, Mei takes a step forward. She slowly reaches her hand up and places it on Julie's cheek. 

"Is this okay?" Mei whispers. 

Julie nods her head yes. 

"Can I kiss you?" Mei asks. 

Julie doesn't respond. Instead, Julie moves forward and kisses Mei. The kiss was short and only lasted a few seconds but it made Mei and Julie happy. The two girls had bright smiles on their faces and their hearts were beating fast. 

"I'll see you tomorrow morning," Julie says taking a step back from Mei. 

Mei nods her head. "Sweet dreams, princess" 

A/N Are you guys satisfied? Who am I kidding, you guys will never be satisfied. Not until this book is finished lol. Please let me know if there are any grammar and spelling mistakes. I wrote this in about 30 minutes.