The Twins in the Iceberg

Blurb
Katara and Sokka make a startling discovery while fishing: a pair of twins, perfectly preserved -- and amazingly -- alive.

In the south pole, a brother and a sister were riding in their canoe while the brother was eyeing a fish and adjusting his spear.

"It's not getting away from me this time," he said leaning over the edge. "Watch and learn, Katara, this is how you catch a fish."

His sister gave him a skeptical look over her shoulder until something caught her attention. She looked at the water to see another fish swim by.

She took off one of her gloves and took a deep breath before putting her hand over the water. She waved it up and down and a ball of water with the fish inside floated out of the water.

She started using both hands and said, "Sokka, look!"

"Shh, Katara. You're gonna scare it away. Mmm, I can already smell it cookin'," Sokka said, leaning further over the edge, preparing to strike.

"But Sokka, I caught one!" Katara replied while she moved the water ball in front of her.

She moved it right above Sokka's head and he reached up his spear to strike the fish he was watching and popped the water ball above his head with the butt of his spear.

All the water fell on him while the fish flopped back in the water.

"Hey!" Katara exclaimed, watching the fish swim away while Sokka screamed from shock.

"Why is it that every time you play with magic water I get soaked?" Sokka asked looking back at her.

Katara sighed. "It's not magic. It's waterbending. And it's-"

"Yeah, yeah. An ancient art, unique to our culture, blah blah blah." He turned back around. "Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself."

"You're calling me weird?" Katara shot back. "I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water."

To further prove her point, Sokka was at that moment making muscles and faces at himself in the water.

Realizing what he was doing, he turned back to her and gave her a look until something hit their canoe. A current was quickly pulling them forward and into a patch of water that was absolutely full of stray ice chunks.

They dodged a few because of Sokka's steering until they hit one and Katara shouted, "Watch out!"

A bunch of ice chunks came from all directions and Katara kept shouting "Go left! Go left!" until the ice crushed their canoe and they were forced to jump on a large piece of ice.

"You call that left?" Katara asked snidely.

"You don't like my steering. Well, maybe you should have waterbended us out of the ice."

"So it's my fault?"

"I knew I should have left you home," Sokka suddenly said. "Leave it to a girl to screw things up."

Katara stood up. "You are the most sexist, immature, nutbrained-" she ranted, making the water surge with her anger. "Ah! I'm embarrassed to be related to you!"

She swung her arms back making the water slice one side of the iceberg behind her, catching Sokka's attention.

"Ever since mom died, I've been doing all the work around camp, while you've been off playing soldier!"

"Ah... Katara..." Sokka trailed off pointing at the crumbling iceberg behind his sister.

"I even wash all the clothes!" She continued, pointing to herself. "Have you ever smelled your dirty socks? Let me tell you! Not pleasant!"