꧁48꧂

Odetta lay sound asleep in her bed, the Slytherin common room fell silent which each breath she took

                             -☽-
"Where am I?" Odetta asked in a panicking voice as she looked around the dark box room she was trapped in. Suddenly, a woman appeared who she recognised to her mother. "Your a disgrace." She spat which made her stumble backwards when she walked into someone.

Quickly, snapped her head around to see the figure of a man however as she looked up, she found that he had no face. "Your a disappointment." As a child she spent little time with her father so she didn't remember his face, however she recognised his voice as she had a vivid memory of it.

From the corner of her eye, she noticed another  person appear. She looked over to see Regulus with a clenched jaw and fist. "No one loves you." He spat viciously.

"I wish I never met you." A new but familiar voice said through gritted teeth. With glassy eyes, she glanced over and was able to make out that it was James though her vision had became blurry.

"You are nothing to me." He spat as he stepped closer and began to circle around the Slytherin girl, her hands gripped onto her dark hair tightly. "You're so pathetic."

                             -☽-
Odetta suddenly jolted up from her sleep, quickly wiping away tears which had collected in the corner of her eyes before sighing loudly. She couldn't help but cry again, covering her face with her hands so her sobs were muffled.

                             -☽-
Odetta walked into the Divination classroom late as per usual however she was accompanied by dark bags under her eyes. "You're late Miss Greengrass." The Professor said as the Slytherin girl whose shoes laces were still untied. Odetta glared at her blankly which made her widen her eyes, almost in fear.

She then continued to make her way to an empty chair at one of the round tables but as she passed a greasy haired Slytherin, she noticed him put his foot out to trip her other.
She stared at his smug look before stamping on his foot which made him howl in pain and hold onto his foot.

Eventually, she collapsed into the chair and rested her head on the red tablecloth. Sat only a few seats away was James who stared at the girl. She finally noticed him watching her which made her sit up and glare back.

"I can't tell wether you've been punched in the face or didn't sleep at all." He chuckled to the girl, whispering as the Professor explained how to read tea leaves. "If the first option happened I would be shipped over to askaban for murder." She complained before yawing which made him snicker.

"Cast ourselves into the future!" The Professor sang which instantly made the two students pay attention again. "Look into the teacup of the person opposite you." Odetta scanned around for a tea cup to switch with since she was sat by herself. "You can-" James offered to switch with her which made Sirius look at him with wide eyes since they planned to switch however her attention went to the other side of the room.

"I'm not touching something which a mudblood touch." Severus Snape spat with disgust as he glared at the Hufflepuff Muggle-Born student who unfortunately had to sit next to him. "That's fine Snape, your greasy hair might be toxic." Odetta said with a forced smile at the Slytherin as she got up and walked over to the table.

She then turned to the Hufflepuff student with a slight smile as she held out her teacup to switch. The Muggle-Born girl smiled back warmly as they switched cups, Odetta ignoring the glares from the greasy haired boy.

"Poor excuse of a pure blood." He spat under his breath as the dark haired girl began to walk away. Quickly, she spun back around  and grabbed his tie and held onto tightly until her hands went white. "Correct, I am a pure blood therefore, according to your logic, I am your superior." She replied through gritted teeth as she stared coldly into his eyes.

"Sit back down Greengrass." McGongall ordered as she stood in the open doorway. Odetta glanced up at the emerald robed Professor, then back at the boy. "Respect your superiors Snape before you learn the hard way." She spat before throwing him backwards and went back to her seat.

The whole class was staring at her silently which she ignored however her eyes did meet James's who was smirking at her. He then leaned back in his chair and put his hands behind his head which made Odetta have a weird feeling in her stomach.

Remus, who was sitting on the table behind, leaned back on his chair until he was close to James. "Why don't you just ask her out already?" In response, James hit his arm which pushed him back onto four legs. But then James looked back at the Slytherin who was inspecting the tea leaves and sighed.

                               -☽-
As they left the Divination classroom, James grabbed Odetta's hand as she passed and pulled her out of the crowd. "Do you want to hang out in our common room tonight?" He asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. "And hang out with arrogant Gryffindors?" She chuckled. "But if there is alcohol, I'll be there." She added with a wink which made his cheeks go slightly red.

"I think you have a problem. You're always drinking." He chuckled as she nodded in agreement. "When your life is a shit hold, you'll want to drink every moment you get."