𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒.

Isagi's POV

I woke up before everybody else and couldn't go back to sleep. I watched as the Sun peeked out and entered into the sky, slowly rising little by little as time passed. The stars soon vanished and all that remained was a dead silence.

For some reason, I expected to see others coming out of their houses, dressed in either work attire or school uniform, but remembered how the world was like in the present. What I expected... would not happen.

I rested my chin on my palm as I stared out the window. I thought about my parents. Are they still alive? Did they manage to find a safe shelter for survivors? Or are they dead? Did they get turned into zombies already?

How am I even still alive? I thought about the answer as hard as I could, and decided that it was because of the group and the people with me.

I would have been long gone if it wasn't for the friends I had.

"Man last night was fun!" Bachira yawned and stretched his arms after sleeping in a fetus position all night.

"I knew you guys did something last night. Some of you woke up later than the rest of us," Chigiri said. "What did you guys do?"

"We went skateboarding," Nagi replied, folding his blanket up neatly.

"Nice."

"Y/n-chan." Shidou ruffled up the girl's hair. She smiled tiredly back at his cheerful morning demeanor. "If you're still tired, you can sleep in the car, OK?"

"So the plan is we gather all our things and go back to Isagi's house, which is more fortified and secure," Kunigami announced. "We were able to get some supplies from the supermarket and mall, so we should be able to rest easy for a bit."

"The other 4 of you better be nice," Raichi said.

"They are, don't worry. Well I don't know about Barou..."

"HUH?!"

"Nothing!"

ln the car, y/n had dozed off and fell asleep on Rin's shoulder, and you wanna know what he did? He gently pushed her off to sleep on Chigiri's shoulder.

"HA HA HA PLEASE! BOY CAN'T EVEN LET A GIRL SLEEP ON HIS SHOULDER!" Shidou laughed hysterically, pointing at Rin.

"Shut up... So damn loud..."

"I'M WHEEZING."

"She's really tired, huh..." Chigiri said.

"Hey um, the 4 of you," I spoke up. "We were thinking of not staying at my house for not much longer. Let me explain. While my house is definitely a good house in terms of protection, there's no electricity in the area and -"

"There's no electricity in Japan anymore anyways," Kuon interrupted. "Sorry for interrupting, but I see what you mean. I'm not against the idea of finding another good house that can be an even better refuge, though we can have 2 refuges, just in case something happens to either one."

"Ah 2 houses! That sounds good! And there's... 16 of us right? So maybe 8 of us can occupy each house?" Igarashi suggested.

"I actually don't mind this plan. But let's discuss more when we arrive at home."

Reo's POV

As I looked out a second floor's window, I noticed a car I didn't recognize stop in front of the house's gates. A window slowly rolled down and I saw Nagi wave at me.

"They're back!" I yelled, alerting the others in the house. We immediately ran down outside and opened up the gate for our friends who had returned.