Cellar

(A/N): At this point I'm starting to loose motivation so I'm gonna duggie and hope for the best. also don't attack me if my wine facts are wrong, i'm just talking from experience so they're not facts lmao

!TW: alcohol(wine), claustrophobia! 

The front door slammed shut behind me as I slipped my sneakers off, kicking them to the side disorderly. Dream took his time in locking the door and untying his sneakers, placing them neatly on the wall next to the door while I let myself in, making my way past the dining room and strolling into the kitchen.

Hopping onto the stool and leaning one elbow onto the counter, I placed my cheek in my palm and stared towards the doorway, watching as Dream entered. Locking my eyes on him as he waltzed across the wooden floor to grab a glass from the cabinet, I too grew thirsty as I watched him pour water into the fragile cup. 

"Um..." I trailed off as Dream spun around to face me, lifting up his mask slightly to take a small sip from his glass. "Do you have any alcoholic drinks or...?"

I'm not sure completely why but it felt embarrassing asking. I wasn't exactly the drinker, I didn't go to parties. But the butterflies in my stomach were overwhelming, I was nervous about the way Dream had worded hanging out tonight. 

Dream seemed to laugh inwardly at what I said, bringing a hand up pull down the mask as he tilted his head down in a chuckling motion. Lifting his head back up, he nodded at me, walking out of the kitchen with a wave behind him, motioning for me to follow him. I stood up from the stool, catching up with Dream as I strode next to him through the big house.

Finally coming to a halt in front of a door a little ways past the front door and stairs, Dream opened it with a loud creak. The inside was dark and I could feel cold air blowing from down the concrete stairs that descended down from the door. I glanced at Dream unsurely but he was staring down the stairs. I looked back into the darkness as he took a step down and continued into the darkness.

"Aren't there any lights?" I called down to him.

I heard the footsteps pause and start again but this time towards me. 

A hand appeared out of the darkness. 

I took it. 

With my hand in Dream's comforting and trustful grasp, I started slowly making my way down the steps, always testing the stair below before stepping down. 

It seemed like forever until I reached the bottom. The air was cold, a tang of dirt and fermented fruit drifting through it. It was unsettling. It was pitch black. 

A clink followed by a clang of what sounded like metal echoed through the staircase. I took a couple steps back, almost tripping over the stairs. Another loud creak rung in the air, ending with another clang. 

"What the fuck was that?" I murmured at nothing, alarmed. I tightened my grip on Dream's hand.

"Gate door," A voice came from the darkness.

I nodded, looking around as if it would help me become aware of my surroundings. Being pulled forwards, I followed after Dream, slightly stumbling over my own feet. We trudged through a narrow space, I felt my sleeves brush up against the stone wall. When moved away from the wall, I bumped into another. 

"Dream?" 

"Hmmm?" He didn't stop walking.

"How long will we be walking for?"

"It's not far," He assured. "It feels long but it really isn't."

"If you're doing this for alcohol it's ok-I don't need any that bad. I was just wondering."