Chapter 1

Vandalieu's POV

"Those eyes, crimson and light blue, their like mine"

"She has silver hair, similar but not the same"

"Still... could it be? Judging from how surprised and shocked everyone was, beings like us are rare"

"But why would the white knights be following her?"

"They don't seem hostile to her at all, even the lady knight I fought seems to serve her"

These thoughts passed through Vandalieu's mind as he debated what to do. The lady vampire had asked who was his parent and he was unsure how to answer.

"If our kind is indeed rare, even if she isn't my mother. Perhaps she can help me find her" Vandalieu quietly decides.

Vandalieu gathers his resolve and tries to muster a friendly smile but is confused about how to do this.

"Mother?" he asks along with his first attempt at facial expression.

"Ehhh?!" Both the lady vampire and Hinata reply in unison.

"Ahh, well it was worth a try" Vandalieu disappointedly thinks to himself.

After a few seconds, the vampire gets over her shock and takes a deep breath.

"No child, I am not your parent. However, I swear as the true ancestor of our kind, I shall protect and shelter you. I will also help you find your parents without asking anything in return. Though finding out who birthed you is of great interest to me" The vampire says to Van's question.

"I feel she is telling the truth; I am surprised at her honesty and helpfulness to someone who was just fighting her servants" Vandalieu wonders.

"Ruminas-sama, are you sure?!" Hinata asks with even more surprise.

"Yes, how could I leave such a cute descendant by herself" Ruminas replies with a smile.

Judging from the shocked expression of Hinata and the other vampire Louis, Vandalieu could tell that Ruminas's current actions and words were rare and out of character. Though he was confused why he was being referred to as a girl, he assumed that perhaps his memory of gender pronouns was also affected when he woke up.

"Tell me, child, what is your name" Ruminas then asks.

"I am Vandalieu Zakkart"

"What a cute name for my descendant. Well, Vandalieu, I am Ruminas Valentine. This is my land which I oversee secretly, the Ruberios Empire" Ruminas replies with a smile.

"I see, what may I call you Ruminas-sama" Vandalieu asks expressionless.

"Hmm... Though many call me God or emperor, this would not do for one who has my blood as strong as you... I know, until we find your parents, you may refer to me Mother or Mother Ruminas" answers Ruminas still retaining her smile.

The shock and surprise from Ruminas's companions had risen even higher. Vandalieu felt as though the Emperor's smile was mentally damaging her companions.

"She has been honest and forthcoming with me; I do not see a problem with her proposal. Though something has been bothering me greatly" Vandalieu thought as another emergency conference was almost held.

"I see... Mother Ruminas, may I ask a question, I just wanted to confirm something" Vandalieu asks with hidden internal conflict.

"Why of course, please ask anything my beautiful daughter" says Ruminas.

"Are boys referred to as girls in your country?" Vandalieu finally asks the nagging question in his mind.

"Ehh?!" Ruminas's unmoving smile broke.

Meanwhile in Lambda, while chiding Eleonora and Isla, Darcia suddenly feels even more annoyed at them for losing her son.

*Time skip to the founding festival *

Rimuru POV

The demon lord of the Jura Tempest Federation was just finishing a conversation with his colleague demon lord Ruminas. The founding festival was still in full swing and he had been tasked by Hinata with dealing with Ruminas in exchange for handling Chloe and the other kids.

Though dealing with other demon lords had started to get more normal due to his friendship with Milim(his bestie according to her), Ramiris(his new business partner), and the others; Rimuru was nervous. Hinata had strangely warned him to be careful and Arno the knight who was escorting Rimuru earlier looked wary. He had assumed that the knights were still getting over their religion being shaken but months had already passed since that had occurred. "You would think Hinata and her knights would have adjusted by now" Rimuru remarked to himself.

[Negative, it seems that something else is on their mind aside from Lady Ruminas's presence] Raphael comments.

"I wonder what it could be"

[More information is required before judgment can be made]

"Figures"

The contents of their meeting discussed mostly the details of a cultural and research exchange proposed by Ruminas. Things such as inter-nation visits by the Tempest Federation's Band and Ruminas's research envoys were the main highlights of this. In exchange for accepting her proposal, Ruminas taught the Rimuru the skill [Ultimate Secret of faith and grace] which allows his followers to invoke his name and use holy magic. As they were about to adjourn their meeting, Ruminas spoke up.

"Ah before we end Rimuru, I would like one last request, it is entirely up to your decision to accept it"

"Somehow I feel that I'm not allowed to decline." Rimuru remarked internally.

[Positive, there is no room for discussion] Raphael chimes in

"Of course, Ruminas, as long as I can handle it, I see no reason to decline" Rimuru accepts defeatedly with a smile.

"Wonderful, please enter Louis" Ruminas replies

Louis, the pope of the Western Saints church arrives holding what seems to be a large doll in front of him. It was the size of a small child dressed in black with white hair and skin. What was unique however was the doll's eyes which had different colors like Ruminas except one eye was violet instead of blue. Rimuru was impressed by the doll's detailed design, though he wondered how anyone could create such life-like features.

[Negative, that is a sentient being]

"Ehhh!?" Rimuru thinks looking surprised.

Noticing his shock, Ruminas chuckles.

"I would like you to watch over my child" she says ignoring the implications her words brought.

"You have a child?!" exclaims Rimuru, who was so shocked he transformed into slime form to form a question mark and exclamation point.

"Is it so shocking?" Ruminas asks playfully.

"YES!" Rimuru replies

Ruminas continues to chuckle amusedly.

"I am sure he will be safe in your care. I've heard you've been diligent in taking care of the children that Hinata agreed to watch over in exchange for this conversation." Ruminas continues ignoring Rimuru's failure to recover from shock.

"Shit she knew" Rimuru's panicked internal thoughts.

"Now please introduce yourself little one" Ruminas looks to the previously assumed doll being held in Louis's arms.

"Hello, I am Vandalieu" Vandalieu says expressionless.