Chapter One

AN: Hello my loves, welcome to my new book!

This my first time writing in a long time so please bare with my mistakes if you find any.

I'm aiming for this one to be kind of a slow burn, but not in the usual way (you will find out)

I've never really been good with author notes so imma just jump right into the story!

I hope you all enjoy this book as much as I am going to enjoy writing it.

Peace, a place of freedom and tranquility, I never realized how much peace and I had in my little life until the bombs hit, I mean that's always how it is, isn't it, you don't realize how truly good you have it until its all ripped away.

You may be wondering how did this happen? How is the world already ending? I have one word to answer these questions and that's 'men'. Men and there massive egos is what destroyed us all. This is how it happened, this is my story of the when the world ended.

The end started like any other plain day, I woke up with a loud groan, cracking every bone in my body before slowly shuffling downstairs to greet my amazing cup of coffee. Once I got downstairs I was hit in the face with amazing smells of fresh toast, bacon and eggs, my flat-mate Scarlet had prepared.

As soon as she saw me walk in she gave me a warm smile and my coffee, telling me to "dig in, you are going to need your energy'. You see today was the day I finally felt like I was going somewhere in life, I had a interview with this big robotics company as a P.A. To say I was nervous was an understatement. For the last 3 years since I graduated I have worked at this cute little family owned diner as much as I loved it there I need to take this step for me and my future.

As I finished my breakfast I went to the kitchen and gave Scar a massive hug thanking her for all her hard work this morning. The thing with Scarlet is that she is a very observant person, she could tell when I was slightly off, she tightens the hug and soothingly says "your welcome bestie, you are going to do an amazing job in the interview, don't stress". With a small forced smile I thank her and make my way upstairs to get ready for the new chapter of my life.

After a quick shower I applied some light make up and went to my closet to grab my newly purchased pant suit. I put my hair up in a high pony and put on a white pair of heeled boots I had found a thrift store.

After taking one finale look at my outfit I headed downstairs and out into the world

After taking one finale look at my outfit I headed downstairs and out into the world. Little did I know that I would never see my apartment again, that this was the last time I would walk freely outside in the fresh air with the sun kissing my face. As I rounded the corner just a block away from my home and two streets from the bus I would catch to my potential new beginning I hear the screeching of tires, two men in suits grabbed me pushing into a Tinted Van.

As soon as the door closed I feel myself getting pulled by my feet futher into the backseat of the van as the mystery man releases his hold, I immediately start to kick and claw my way back to the door of the car, just as I reach the handle I'm pinned to the seat while one of the men handcuff me, the one that had pulled my in by my feet starts to belittle me saying "ain't so tough now", much to his surprise he was greeted with a hard kick to the face, I watch as the man's head gets shoved into the window and he slumps lifelessly, I start to hyperventilate as I try to wriggle free of the last mans hold, out of the corner of my eye a see the driver reach around with a needle that I know has my name on it. I feel the tip of the needle prick my skin, the pain spreads down my neck, I feel my breath start to get slower and slower as the world around me slowly fades all I can hear is my steady pulse until the darkness consumes me.

In what feels like seconds I open my eyes feeling a dull ache starting in my neck climbing all the way down my back. I slowly look at my surroundings and see I'm in a cage shaped like a massive shipping container. I hear movement below me, my eyes quickly dart to the cage below, only to meet Scarlet's hazel eyes. Seeing her I start to to feel the burn of tears brimming my eyes and ask her what's happening to us. With a grim look on her face she mumbles "the world is ending".

Everything happening in the city above us could be heard, screams of terror, cries for help and mercy accompanied by the sounds of evacuation sirens, its no secret that the world above had crumbled to chaos. The sound of the Nukes hitting the ground was defining, the cages bars shook and shuddered as if they were going to give way and collapse any second, multiple smaller explosions could be heard, which I could only guess were cars that were abandoned by there owners.

After all of the explosions and screams of missiles had ceased the most daunting sound of silence spread through out the bunker. It was at that moment that I realized that we were some of the last people alive on this Earth, a swarm of guilt washed over me like a title wave and for the second time today I start to hyperventilate, but not out of fear for myself but out of sadness for the billions of people who just lost there life. As my starts vision blur feel myself stumble onto the bed inside the cage. I can hear the sound of Scarlet crying while trying to get me to breathe, this only makes me cry harder, with one last staggered breath I stutter "I-i-i-m-m s-or-ry Sc--a-r".

An: Hello Loves

This is the end of my first chapter of the new book, its kinda rough but i think it will come together.

Let me no what you guys think

I aim to have the next chapter up tomorrow <3