Boy Turned Wolf (Sunshine and Patrick)

Six years. Six years have passed since I last saw him.

Patrick.

It had been the last day of hunting season, and because of his persistence, I gave in and spent the night with him. To my surprise, we got along better than expected. It had been...comfortable, to say the least. While awkward at first, the moment we started talking, our conversations just flowed like water, gliding from mundane topics to profound subjects. In the end, I concluded that Patrick was a good kid—one I could easily see myself being friends with.

Was there a possibility of more? Maybe. But I just couldn't find it in myself to claim him or have him claim me.

After all, he was just a pup! No more than fifteen years old. What was I supposed to do with a boy three years younger than me and barely out of puberty?

And yet, the man that stood in front of me was no longer a pup. Instead, he looked very much like a full grown werewolf. His height was pretty much the same, but the rest of him was fuller, larger. And the way he held himself—head held high, shoulders pulled back in confidence—left me baffled.

"Wha...wha..." I found myself unable to form the right words.

Patrick smiled gently, amused at my speechlessness. "Hello Sunshine. I didn't think you would come to me, so I came to you instead."