Bonus Chapter

For @FantasyBookLover2007 who randomly wanted 'more', even though I don't know what kind of 'more.' I hope this is what you wanted. :)

———
Rayila

Sweat clung to her forehead, her back, her arms, but still she raised her hands. "Again," Rayila told Nyx.
   He sucked in breath after breath, "I think were done for now, love."
   She frowned, "I think we're not. I want to train."
   "And I say no because I prefer not to die of dehydration."
   "There is a river right next to you. Just drink some water and you'll be fine."
   Nyx examined the water with his eyes, "I would also like to not die from drinking a bacteria infested river."
   "You shouldn't even need water. It's been only two hours, and we haven't done much fighting,"
   A slow smile stretched across his lips, "We have done lots of fighting, but just with our mouths."
   "Never describe kissing like that again," Rayila scolded him.
   A light giggle sounded beside them, and both their heads snapped in the direction of the noise. Rayila's father stepped into the forest clearing, holding Lilliem to his side as she traced the tattoo on his face.
   "I'm going to pretend I didn't hear the last part of that conversation," Rowan said shaking his head then turning his attention back to Rayila's and Nyx's two year old daughter. "You'll never kiss anyone will you, princess."
   Rayila grabbed her daughter and held her on her hip. "Why are you here? I thought mother was watching Lilliem this afternoon."
   "Dorian had a problem near the border today, and requested Aelin and I's presence."
   Nyx narrowed his eyes, "Sounds important."
   "It is, that's why I had to drop this angel off with you before going."
   Rayila kissed her father on his cheek, "Be safe."
   "I'll try, but you know that word isn't in your mother's vocabulary." He shifted and sped towards the sky.
   Lilliem squirmed in her arms. "Down," she ordered Rayila.
   Nyx laughed, "She's almost as demanding as you are, love."
   She met her daughter's matching Ashryver eyes, and slowly put her on the floor. Lilliem was the perfect mix between Nyx and her. His blue-black hair and lips, and Rayila's eyes and face structure.
   Nyx grabbed her hand and pulled her to the ground with him. Together they played with their child—
   Until a flicker of orange interpreted the happy moment. Rayila gasped, but Nyx continued to play with Lilliem, not even noticing anything wrong.
   It happened again, the orange glow. It was so fast she could have sworn she was imagining it. "Nyx—"
   Fire burst from Lilliem's hands and Rayila ducked out of the flames way. Nyx said a string of curses, and she repeated them. "Does she have—"
   "She does, love," he said, a bright smile sliding onto his face. Nyx picked Lilliem up and spun her around, "You have powers!"
   Rayila blanched and couldn't share his excitement.  It was bound to happen, but she still dreaded the day when her gifts would appear. Because it would mean one day in the future, she would vanish. After Lilliem settles, she will be transported to another world to find her mate, and Rayila can only hope that she will find her way home like she did.
   Rayila Galathynius wiped the depressing thoughts away, stood up, and joined her mate to celebrate their daughter's accomplishment.

———

I'm writing another fanfic about Evangeline and Fenrys if anyone wants to check it out