8

Since I brought Serena back to my apartment from this long-ass party, or let me correct myself: since she brought me back to my apartment, I have slept for solid ten hours.

When I finally woke up from that hangover sleep, I looked around where she was. I already gave up questioning whether it was just a dream or not. I have come to terms with the fact that she was here. In my life. And in my apartment. In my bedroom, to be exact.

But after I was checking myself, I came to the realization that we didn't fuck or anything else. I still had my clothes from yesterday on and probably looked like a mess but we didn't do anything. After all, I was thankful for that. I looked over at my side and found her. She sat there calmly and watched something on her phone. I assumed that it must be an anime because I could hear japanese-speaking voice blaring out of the phone.

"I been watching 'DARLING in the FRANXX' while you were asleep." She suddenly said as she realized that I was awake.

"Alright..." I mumbled dazedly.

I rubbed my palms over my face and my temples but then realization slapped me across the face again.

"You been watching this without english dub?!"

She looked at me like it was nothing and then nodded.

"You understand japanese?!" I gasped.

"Yep" She replied.

Being completely caught off guard, I let this information sink in and sat down next to her. She didn't seem to be japanese at all but still understood everything. Maybe that's just how it is with demons: They can do things that ordinary people cannot do. She can probably do a lot more than that.

She let me peek over her shoulder which I decided to give it try because I like animes as well.

"I just love Zero-Two... I kinda relate to her sometimes..." She murmured.

I could only agree with her, especially when we finished watching the episode. Zero-Two seems to be a character who can kick ass, be lovely to the boy she likes but still remain a mystery to all the people around her. In this case, Serena is just like her.

Nevertheless, I hope to get to know her better, even if that means that I have to learn about her bad sides. Her really bad sides. I wonder what else she has in store.

"Wanna go shopping?" I asked after we finished watching the next episode.

Her head snapped to my direction. She looked at me as if I have just insulted her. I felt uncomfortable.

"Um, I'm sure there are a few things you need..."

"Don't ever ask me if I wanna go, just take me there!" She snarled.

I backed away in confusion and she giggled.

"Just kidding..." She says.

"What a question! Of course! I would love to go!" She added with that soft and innocent tone in her voice.

Can anybody explain these mood swings for me, please?!

"There certainly are a few things that I need. Many actually. The list is long."

She gave an evil smile.

Oh god.

My wallet and bank account are gonna hate me for this. They'll die, that's for sure.

"She's a Maneater,
Make you work hard,
Make you spend hard,
Make you want all of her love"