Chapter 9- Jealous?

Tazmera

He looked stunned. "You look gorgeous." Jack said. I smiled warmly.

"Thank you. Don't look to bad yourself." I smirked.

"So, I have a whole date planned." He smiled warmly.

"Oh yeah? What's on the schedule?" I smiled at him.

"We can go have a nice picnic by the river and then I want to teach you how to draw. I spoke to your father and he told me you gave it up." He said innocently as he stood up and held his hand out for me to grab.

"Oh god. Like he was even around enough to bloody know that. Abbs probably told him." I said as I took his hand.

"Either way. I wanted to show you how to draw again. If you don't mind, that is." He said as we began walking. He was so sweet.

"I don't mind at all, Jack." I said. He made my heart warm and my stomach fill with light butterflies. We walked and talked about a few of his favourite artists, as we walked. We moved on and talked about our favourite poets and singers. We turned out to have quite a bit in common. It was odd really. After a rather long while of walking we sat by a clear water river under a giant willow tree. It was beautiful. I realised my outfit really did not match the vibe at all. I quickly got my wand out and changed into a flowy yellow dress while he wasnt looking. It went down to my mid thigh and wasn't a strong yellow. It was light and beautiful. I tied two strands from the front of my hair and tied them at the back with a small white clip. All the while he was setting up our cute little picnic.

"Do you prefer peaches or apricots?" He ask without looking up. As he did his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.

"Peaches." I smiled as I sat down.

"You- you look lovely Tazmera." He said as he sat next to me.

"Tazie, please. And I feel this fits the mood a little more accurately." I smiled warmly as he handed me peaches in a little glass container with a glass fork. Never in my life had I heard of such a thing. "Thank you, Jack." I smiled. I took the container, it was cold. I picked up the fork and it was also cold. I picked up a peach and as I ate it I realised how sweet it was.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, those aren't glass. They're actually made from ice. It keeps things colder for longer. It works quite well, doesn't it?" He mentioned as he picked up a glass and began pouring us red wine.

"How does it not melt?" I asked quite astonished.

"Oh well it's quite cool actually, my father gave us a spell a few years ago that stops it from melting." He explained.

"Wow. That's amazing." I said as I finished eating the peaches. "On a more serious note, how do you feel about the whole- marriage thing?" I asked softly.

"I- I don't really know. Thing is that I wouldn't mind being married to you, it would just be the fact that I'd want us both to be in love with each other. I don't wish for it to be as if we're forced together, hate it and resent eachother for the rest of our lives. Or for one of us to be in love and the other not, and then they who are in love are broken when they find out the other has other lovers. You see?" He said.

"I agree. Do you know when we're to be married?" I asked.

"A month." He said.

"A month... I don't think I can fall in love with someone in a month..." I said softly.

"Nor do I." He said.

"Oh well. We will work something out." I said. He smiled at me reassuringly and we ate our picnic. Once we had finished eating he got out two sketchbooks and two penicls. He handed me one of each.