Chapter 4

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 4
Love

People always say that you shouldn't make rash decisions when you're blinded to see reasons. You shouldn't act while you're being controlled by your emotions. The consequences of every decision that we make are permanent, while those intense feelings are only temporary. Sooner or later, we're bound to regret what we thought was right at that moment.

However, no matter how crooked my decisions were, I would never go back on my words. I would make sure that I wouldn't come to the point where I would regret and blame myself. And besides, I was already in misery, anyway. I didn't think my life could get any worse.

"Are you really sure about this, Lavi?" nag-aalalang tanong sa akin ni Ritchelle nang sinabi ko sa kanyang makikipagkita ako kay Sic. "Parang kahapon lang ay siguradong-sigurado ka sa desisyon mo na hindi mo tatanggapin ang alok nila."

"I changed my mind," I simply said and smiled.

Looking at myself in front of the mirror, I nodded as I was satisfied with my getup. I didn't want to look overdressed again so I just chose to wear a simple flared, sleeveless dress from Versace with a sweetheart neckline. It had that signature Barocco print, playing around the colors of white, blue, and gold.

I really loved the piece. I even had another dress with the same style and brand, but different print and colors. While the one I was wearing had a Barocco print, the other one had Versailles.

To match my dress, I chose to wear a pair of Alexander McQueen white double strap sandals with three inches pointed heels. Since the dress was only up to my thighs, wearing open toe shoes will make my legs look longer.

With a height of 5 feet and 9 inches, I was already pretty tall especially when being compared to other women my age. But since I'd be meeting up with someone taller than me, I needed to create an illusion. If I was right with the eye measurement I did, when I stood next to him back in Paris, Sic should be at least 6 feet and 2 inches. It was a perfect height for a male model.

Natigil ako sa pag-iisip nang napabuntonghininga nang malalim si Ritchelle. Muli ko siyang nilingon. Mukhang mas problemado pa siya sa akin kahit na ako naman ang papasok sa kabaliwan na iyon.

Crossing my arms and resting my back on the closet island, I grinned. She frowned more to see that I was taking everything lightly.

"Why are you frowning so much, Ritch?" I chuckled a little. "Didn't you want me to accept the offer? You seemed pretty persuaded yesterday."

Ritchelle heavily sighed for I don't know how many times already. "I want you to cooperate with them because I know it'll be good for your career. Sabi nga ni Mr. Joel ay maraming brands ang gustong makipagcollaborate sa inyo. On top of that, nakakaawa rin si Sic dahil sa problema niya," paliwanag niya. "Pero kaya hindi na kita pinilit ay ayaw kong ilagay mo ang sarili mo sa ganoong sitwasyon. I also don't want them to take advantage of you. I don't want you to regret anything."

The smile I was wearing faded as Ritchelle explained her reasons. I felt her genuine concern for me.

"You don't have to worry about me," I assured her. "You know I won't put myself in a situation I can't handle. And of course, I won't let them take control of everything."

Napakunot ang noo niya, bahagyang naguluhan sa aking huling sinabi. "What do you mean?"

I smirked, spun around, and went to the shelf where my designer bags were displayed. I reached out for the Kira Chevron crossbody bag from Tory Burch. The vibrant yellow color of the leather would surely stand out when put together with my outfit. It would create another illusion. Magmumukhang mas simple ang print ng aking dress dahil maaagaw ng bag ang kanilang pansin. Nang maisuot ko iyon sa aking balikat ay mas lalo kong napatunayan ang naiisip. And when I was happy with my choices, I turned to Ritchelle again.