Chapter 12

#NewClassicPFL

Chapter 12
Sun

While on the road, Sic didn't tell me where he planned to take me. We bought a takeaway from a fast food drive-thru when we passed by a rest stop in SLEX since we were both hungry. Ngunit dahil hindi siya makakain habang nagmamaneho ay nakuha niya pang magpasubo sa akin. Ngiting-ngiti pa siya kapag sinusubuan ko siya. He looked like a very satisfied jerk.

That ride felt like the longest and stressful ride I experienced in my life. I was like a mother taking care of her spoiled child.

"We're here!" Sic excitedly exclaimed when he made a turn to the parking lot.

Since I wasn't really paying attention on the road, I was surprised to see where he took me after almost two hours of driving.

"Enchanted Kingdom?" Nilingon ko Sic. Ngiting-ngiti siya. "Bakit tayo nandito?"

"We're here to have fun!" he replied and turned the car's engine off.

"Isn't this too public for you?" I asked him, worried that we might get mobbed by people. "Ang sabi ni Mr. Joel ay mag-ingat tayong dalawa."

"Don't worry about that." He pulled the car keys from the ignition. "We don't need to hide. Everyone knows we're together."

I exhaled deeply. "That's not the point."

"Lavi, like I said, don't worry about those things," he told me with a carefree smile on his face. "Today, I want you to promise me something."

Narrowing my eyes in suspicion, I crossed my arms. "And what is that?"

"Promise me that you will stop worrying about other things and focus having fun with me," he said which was far from what I expected. "Trust me and let me lead you today. That's all I ask of you."

He looked and sounded so sincere that I couldn't play a joke on his words. I just swallowed the lump in my throat and nodded. Mas lalo naman siyang napangiti nang dahil sa aking pagpayag.

"Now, let's go! We don't have the whole day!"

Agad kaming lumabas ng sasakyan. Hawak-hawak niya ang aking kamay habang naglalakad papunta sa ticketing booth. The eyes of the employee inside the booth widened when she saw Sic buying our tickets. Even her jaw dropped in disbelief, and I couldn't blame her for that bold reaction.

"S-Sic Jaranilla?" She even rubbed her eyes to make sure that she wasn't hallucinating.

"Yes, and uhm, two tickets please," Sic casually said with a smile.

Bahagyang nanginginig ang mga kamay ng babae habang inaasikaso ang tickets namin. Nang inabot pa ni Sic ang kanyang credit card ay nahiya pa siya sa pagkuha. It should be a fast transaction but it took us almost ten minutes before we got our tickets. Pati ang mga nasa entrance ay hindi makapaniwalang nakita si Sic nang malapitan.

We didn't even try to hide ourselves. Wala kaming suot na kahit shades o ballcap. It was like we purposely wanted to attract attention and we succeeded so easily.

All eyes were on us the moment we entered the park. Even those who were having their own time, turned their heads to give us their attention. It was like we became one of the theme park's main attractions. Almost everyone was taking pictures of us.

I couldn't help but be wary because of all the attention. However, when I looked at Sic who was completely oblivious of our surroundings, I reminded myself of what I promised him.

"Let's ride that one first!" Nilingon ako ni Sic, ngiting-ngiting pa rin habang tinuturo ang Jungle Log Jam.

It was the ride where you'd go down a steep slope and splash into the water. I had already come here once with my college friends before and experienced that ride. I loved doing extreme sports and riding thrilling rides, but I hated getting wet when I was all dressed up. It was such a hassle to change clothes.