Chapter 1: After the Fight

Kamado Tanjiro, 15 years old. . .

I walked out of the house and breath in the spring air, it's the peace that everyone had been fighting for. 

It's been 3 months after the fight with Muzan, and now it's time for us to go back to our normal life. Right now me, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke are living at our old house. The villagers have taken great care of it.

"Good morning, onii-chan!" Nezuko greeted, holding a basket of laundry.

"Good morning Nezuko." I greeted back. Even now, I still couldn't believe how fast she is growing. It's like a blink of an eye, my demon sister is no longer a demon. 

"COMING THROUGH!"A loud voice that belongs to no other than Inosuke had filled the area.

Ever since the fight is over, some of our fellow demon slayers had received some serious injuries. I lost some of my previous strength due to the injuries, I get tired more often. Zenitsu's legs, due to his overuse of thunder techniques and heavy injuries, had received some pain problems every once in a while. He usually doesn't get up early due to his leg pain. Inosuke, on the other hand, still has his full energy. He would run around all day and climb trees. 

"Hey Inosuke, the fishing net is right here!" I yelled while trying to calm him down.

"Lord Inosuke doesn't need a fishing net!"

That's right, Inosuke never uses a fishing net or hook to catch fishes.

Now the two of us are walking towards the lake, other than Inosuke who is crawling while having the basket on his back. Inosuke likes to stick around Nezuko and help her carry laundries. They act like mother and son, I guess it's his habit now. 

Though Zenitsu would be the last to get up, he would be the first to arrive and eat breakfast. He always claimed that Nezuko's cooking is better than all of the expensive meals he has eaten. He would also be the one who volunteers to clean up the dishes. 

"Is Tanjiro Kamado here?"

Who could that be?

"I'm here!" I announced as I walk out of the backyard. There stands a familiar figure. Even with my half blinded-eye, his shiny hair would always be outstanding. 

"Murata-san! How did you get here?" I asked as I rush towards him. 

"I find some tasty sweets a few days ago and I figured to let you guys try it." He claimed while handing me a box covered in blue cloth.

"Thank you so much! Please come in, I'll tell Nezuko to make some tea."

We are sitting on the back porch, talking about our times as demon slayers. Zenitsu and Inosuke are also there. The heat from the sun seemed to make Zenitsu's leg feel better and Inosuke is just being Inosuke. 

"I remember how I meet you and Inosuke-san on the Natagumo Mountain, it was interesting." 

"Oh yea, you were brave out there!" I praised, knowing he still felt bad for most of his lost comrades.

"Don't remind me of that mission, I almost got turned into that ugly spider." 

"You're also the one who put a bunch of snots on a Kakushi's shirt." 

"Do you not know how to comfort people?!"

"Just admit it Monitsu! You're crying your eyes out that time!" 

"Oh shut up boar head!!! Say the one who got depression after that mission!!" 

Just like the old days...

.....

"Please don't overwork yourself!" Nezuko warned while doing her chores. 

"No worries Nezuko, I can handle this!"

Right now I am putting coals into the basket. Though the technology has been more advance lately, the villagers still perfer our coals. I'm really glad about that.

Not just that, but the Ubuyashiki family had sent us a large amount of money. They leave a note saying 'the more you send the money back, the more I'm going to return. '

"Inosuke, let's go!" I yelled while carrying a basket of coals.

Inosuke ran towards me with the coal basket on his head, thankfully not dropping it. 

"Inosuke, you're supposed to carry the basket on your back." I corrected him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." 

"Tan-kun, Ino-kun, come and try our newly bake bread. See if it tastes good." The granny said. She and her husband open a bakery shop, their bread would always be the best in the village. 

"Thank you, ma'am!" I replied while grabbing bread. Inosuke had already stuffed three in his mouth. 

"Be careful there!" She said while wiping his mouth, you can tell that he feels really fuzzy inside. 

"Morning Tanjiro! One pound of coal please!" 

"Alright!" 

"Good morning you two! Please keep those as a gift!" A woman said while shoving use a bag of foods.

"M-ma'am, I shouldn't take this much of food from you-"

"Please keep it, there's no way I can appreciate more of you saving my sister. Or else she would be eaten by now!"

"No problem ma'am, thank you for the food." 

Soon, our coals were sold out. Me and Inosuke start to climb back home (not the animal type of climb). 

"Onii-chan! Inosuke-kun!" Nezuko shouted while running towards us. 

"What wrong Nezuko?" I questioned. 

"Oi! What happened?! Is there a demon I need to kill?!!" 

"No, no, not at all! Look at this letter!" She claimed happily while handing me the letter.

The letter...Giyuu-san!

"It's Giyuu-san!" I shouted. He wrote us a letter!

"Is it that water dude?!" 

"It's Tomioka Giyuu." I corrected him.

"Tapioca Piyu! I wanna fight him!!!" 

After calming Inosuke down, we start reading his letter. It started with his life after the war and questions about how we have been. He was having trouble writing with one arm since he doesn't have the arm to prevent the paper from sliding. 

He starts to sound more confident with himself, his subject within his letter seemed more positive and less gloomy and depressed. 

He also stated that he went to hot spring with Uzui-san and his wives a few days ago. It must be fun for them! (Nope) They also tried to invite Sanemi-san but he rejected them no matter how much they tried. 

His scars and body pain starts to feel better thanks to Kanao and Aoi. He says that their medical knowledge is catching up to Shinobu-san. 

I'm so glad that everyone is doing well!

Let's All Meet Again || Kimetsu No YaibaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara