Chapter 3: The Bloomed Flower

Kamado Tanjiro, 17 years old.

"I can't believe you two are already 18!" Nezuko claimed while puffing her cheeks, no one can't resist this. 

"I guess Zenitsu and Kanao had reached their adulthood," I claimed. 

Time is going by fast...

The Autumn leaves were falling towards the ground. The green mountain was soon covered in the cozy brown to yellow colors. It was Zenitsu's 18th birthday a few days ago. His maturity had grown with his age, though he still cries and acts weird sometimes. 

He let his hair grow, now tied in a high ponytail. The same goes for me. Nezuko had grown taller, her hair is still the same but in braids when not working. And gotten more beautiful too, of course. 

And there goes Inosuke, he decides to chop his hair off whenever it gets too long. Like, actually chop it off. That's why I would usually help cut his hair. Mustn't lie that his features had gotten sharper. 

.....

I felt bad for not able to attend Kanao's birthday, it rained a lot during the Spring season. We were forced to stay home due to how heavy it rained. The rain stopped a week after her birthday. I quickly wrote an apology letter. 

She returned it a day after saying it's ok. She also had stated that Giyuu-san and Sanemi-san had found themselves a wife, they even have a baby. She felt sorry for us not able to taste Aoi's amazing cookings. 

I lay in my bed while being deep in my thought. 

"Hey, should we go visit the Butterfly Mansion tomorrow?" I asked.

"Wait, this sudden?!" Zenitsu questioned.

"Yeah sure!!! I want to taste Koi's tempura!!!"

"It's Aoi! Not Koi!" 

"I guess it's decided then." 

Soon, the three of us drift to sleep. 

The crisp air filled in our lungs, the weather had turned cold pretty fast this year. Nezuko blew some hot air onto her hand, rubbing it to form heat. 

"It's so cold today," I commented while keeping my hand warm. 

"I would really need some hot drink right now." Nezuko agreed.

"HAH! WEAK!!"

"Shut up boar head!!" Zenitsu yelled while smacking his head.

"What the hell Monitsu?!!! You wanna fight?!!" 

"Hey! Please don't fight here!!"

"Tanjiro? Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke?!" 

We turned around and find a woman standing behind us. Her hair is tied into low twin tails with butterfly hairpins, her ocean blue eyes widened seeing us. She is holding a basket, it smells like medicines. 

"Aoi-san?!" I questioned. 

"Aoi-chan!" Nezuko yelled with happiness, leaping towards the older female. 

"What are you guys doing here?!" She questioned. 

"We're here to visit you guys, is it not the right time?" I asked.