Chapter 4

The first thing we saw, well at least what I registered after the shock of running through a door wore off, was Victoria fighting with a different male. He landed a blow to her stomach just as we burst in. The surprise of the broken door stopped him from hitting her again since his attention was turned toward us. It was like he never expected anyone interfere.

I had heard the screams from outside. I don't understand why he was surprised. Why wouldn't someone stop and check on that? Why the fuck hadn't someone checked on this?

My wolf didn't give a damn about answers right now. Again, before I could say or do anything, he was ripping the male's throat out. Back to his goal, we went running up the stairs. I heard Victoria screaming behind us, but nothing was stopping my wolf from getting to his destination.

Reaching the top of the stairs I heard more screams and yet again, my wolf was busting down another door, this time landing in a shitty bathroom.

If I hadn't been in wolf form, I don't know what exactly I would have done. There was blood all around, from both of them. Aribella was basically naked, and I could see her shredded clothing hanging off of her and on the floor. I could also see a multitude of claw marks and blood all over her body.

I wanted to stop the male hurting her, kill him, and a million other things. My wolf had only the one thought though. Kill. We jumped on him, pulling him off of her and dragging him out of the bathroom. He wanted him as far away from her as possible.

I could see the fear in his eyes as he started blubbering about how sorry he was. Begging for my forgiveness and mercy. Alpha wolves tended to be larger than the average wolf, and most people recognized the size and the power we gave off. My wolf wasn't hearing any of the pleading. He was calling bullshit faster than I could even process what happened. Seconds later, he was tired of the blithering fool under his teeth, so another throat was ripped out. Mercilessly.

Finally, the little fucker let me have control back and I shifted back to feet. And immediately threw up. Way too much adrenaline and shit had happened in such a short period of time. I was basically shaking from it all.

I started taking deep breaths to calm down. I had to regain control over my body so I could figure out what the hell was going on. It was working until I heard Victoria screaming Ari's name.

I stumbled back into the room to see her huddled over her. Over my mate. My unconscious, bloody, and barely breathing mate.

"What the fuck are you standing there for? We need to get her to a hospital. These wounds are too deep to heal themselves and she's barely breathing!" Damn she was bossy. Right, but bossy.

I didn't argue as I picked Ari up and started running for said hospital. Both of us were naked and basically naked but that wasn't exactly a problem. There was a clinic that served only wolves that wasn't far away, within the area where only pack lived. The naked factor wouldn't be an issue. The blood and everything else though, that was going to be something to explain.

Running into the clinic, the nurse at the front immediately freaked out and called for the doctor. A whirlwind of people came out, taking Ari from me, trying to ask a few questions I couldn't answer as others rushed her to the back.

The nurse asked if I was okay, if I needed any help and I said no. Or at least I think I said no. I sat down in one of the chairs, just trying to breathe.

What the fuck was happening? In less than twelve hours my entire world had flipped upside down.

A few minutes into my confused mental blubbering, which mainly involved my wolf yipping at me and calling me names, a nurse came out and offered me some scrubs and a wet towel.