Chapter 1

Carmen POV :

"Time to wake up !".

My mom handmaid says busting into my room causing me to jump up in fright.

"Rose you scared me !". I exclaimed.

"Well learn how to get up to the sound of your alarm next time and we won't have this problem ". She says in an annoyed tone.

"What time is it?".

"Time for you to get ready to go pick out your wedding cake and your outfit for the family dinner tonight ".

"Oh right ".

I say while rolling my eyes. Mustn't she had to remind me of this nightmare engagement to this big scary incredibly dickhead of a guy? I call it a nightmare because it's like an arrange engagement slash marriage to keep the family business going. I hate my life.

"Up up now ! Don't make me get the chancla young  lady !". With that, I quickly hopped out of my bed freshly rejuvenated.

"That's what I thought . Your parents are waiting for you downstairs for breakfast ".

"Ok thanks momma rose for the help by the way ".

"No problem that's what I'm here for Mija". She says in Spanish. I just smiled at her and she exits out of my room. Time to get ready. I go into the bathroom and flick the light on. As I glanced at myself into the mirror I jumped, damn my hair looks crazy. I should've brushed it and put my hair scarf on last night but I'm too lazy plus it's hard combing this head. Don't get me wrong I love my 4c hair but it's a hassle.

I walked into my walk-in closet that's connected to my bathroom to find something to wear. I fumbled in my closet for at least five minutes till I found the perfect outfit which was these black pants, with a black v-neck T-shirt and a Tommy Hilfiger hoodie. My closet is filled with mostly hoodies because I'm a big girl and though hoodies don't make the stomach go away it at least hides it.

I went back into my bathroom undressed out of my nightgown and got in the shower.

After an hour went by of me playing dangerously in love by Beyoncé on an endless loop I washed up and got out of the shower and dried off, then I lather myself with baby lotion and put on my clothes.

I went in my dresser and got my hair products and started doing my hair. Having thick hair is beautiful but one thing about it is you run out of hairstyles faster. Seeing that I had little to no time left I quickly brushed my hair into two Afro puffs and did my baby hairs and called it a day. Off to breakfast.

I walked down the carpeted stairs and entered the kitchen and met everyone's angry eyes. Uh oh, maybe I shouldn't have taken that hour-long shower. But the angriest face that caught me was Stefano my 'fiancé '.

"Good morning". My dad says breaking the tension.

"Morning papa and morning mom ".

"You're late dear".

My mom says and with that statement, I sat down at the table next to Leah the wedding planner which is also my mom's childhood best friend.

Momma rose then started putting down plates on the table.

"You shouldn't have taken long. Now the food's cold, you know how your dad hates cold food ".

She whispered in my ear

"I'm sorry ".I say whispering back into hers.

"It's ok, but your parents are furious ". She says.

"So, Stefano what are plans for the family business?". My dad says starting a conversation.