Fourteen: The Arrival

I woke up to the sound of the cool wind through my ears. It's morning already, I thought. I placed my hand down on what I thought was the rock, but it turned out to be Ghost sleeping beside me. He wasn't the Shade Lord anymore, just the vessel curled up on the rock. Weird how Ghost was still asleep. He was the first one to wake up back on top of the Gisno tree.

Again, it was weird seeing him half-naked(what I mean when I say this is that he doesn't have his cloak on), but from two nights ago, I got used to it.  I rubbed Ghost's back, hoping he wouldn't wake up just yet, until I spotted a tendril rise from his back. It didn't slap my hand off but instead just wrapped around my hand.

All of a sudden, Ghost jumped up, screaming. We all had a good laugh after that. "EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! DOESN'T GET BORING TO YOU!?" Ghost yelled at himself. Ok, this morning was weirder than the last one. Ghost was the first one to wake up and I found his attire and gave it to him, now this time, he returns from being the Shade Lord and boom! The Shade Lord wakes him up.

"Ghost! Oh my lord your face was priceless!" Hornet said through laughs. "You were looking even more surprised than Ori!" Hollow chirped, joining in the fray. I was still laughing a bit after what happened. Ghost then got angry and then told himself, "Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want to. If you were here, I would kill you right now."

Soon, Ku hopped back on the rock and nudged Ghost with her beak. I told her that everything was ok, and she then joined us again. Ghost got up to his feet and stamped his foot, for he was still crossed. "Ghost," I had calmly, "Tell your friend not to scare you like that again alright?" Ghost sighed. "Sorry for yelling at you Shadey, but please don't scare me like that again! It always gets on my nerves!" he said to the Shade Lord again.

Once everything was settled and when Ghost got his cloak and nail back in place, we were off to the ruins. Everyone had their weapons out, ready to hit anything that came at us. We managed to swipe a few wisps out of the way. With Ghost and his sibs, I felt like the four of us were a team.

Every step we took was hard, but we managed to push forwards and keep on going. Ku was riding on Hollow's horns, and Ghost got a bit upset and I think he told Ku that that was his spot, but Ku didn't care.

After climbing a few stairs, we stood in front of the ruins. There was this bitter cold feeling that really made my spine chill. I looked back at the others. "Got any suggestions?" Hornet asked. "I'm not too sure, but something is causing the ruins to act oddly!" I shouted, hoping to stay on my feet.

Ghost walked up to me. "I think that I can do the honors, so I'll do it," he said. Turning an arm into a tendril, he pressed the symbol of the crystal in the middle. He jerked back when the door opened, so I caught him before his mask broke. 

The doors opened in front of us. "So this is it huh?" Hollow asked me looking at the opened doors. We all looked up, with Ghost getting back up to his feet. He looked up at Hollow, who looked back down at him. "It is bro. The dark matter that awaits inside, is what we'll destroy, and save Ori's home!" Ghost shouted, raising his nail.

We all raised our weapons as well. "Come on team," I said. "The Spirt Tree showed us this, and now were are going to stop it and save Nibel! Let's go!" The four of us(Ku was still in Hollow's horns) walked inside the Forlorn Ruins. I had the cloak from Hallownest wrapped around me.

I knew it was going to be hard, but I was ready for the challenge. I looked back at the sunlight one final time before I walked into the ruins once more. It felt like the old times, when I had Sein with me. Oh great Spirt Tree, I won't let you down, I thought to myself before stepping into the darkness and out of the light.