Some Surfer Girl - Chapter Four

Natalie's POV:

I ran into the house to grap my camera. My camera was probably my most value object, behind the lens is my passion and my dreams. I want to be professional photographer like my Mom was. I've been taking photos since as long as I can remember it's part of my past and hopefully part of my future as well. Thankfully my friends make it really easy to capture cool pictures because we are always doing cool things or maybe I should say dumb things. Not to mention that Outerbanks is paradise on earth, you will never get better landscape photography then here.

Sadly I can't stay here forever, there is a deal that once I turn eighteen I got to live in New York with my Aunt. Well that is if I want the money to go college, and as much I would like to say I could pay for it with my own money. We own a surf shop and it popular and stuff , but well we all know the prices of college. It's okay though becuase my Aunt is rich and I mean like Kook rich. She married some guy who own an oil company down in Canada. Kinda an asshole but gives good gifts.

Anyways its been my dream to go to NYU anyways since they have the best photography program in the country. But it just sucks because if I go I'll have to live with my aunt I'll probably never get to come home other than the summer. Her and my Dad have never liked each other even when my Mom was alive, she always told her she could do better and things like that. After she died I was lucky that my Dad got custody of my brother and me. She didn't go down easily though, she put up this whole lawsuit that my father was not financially able to take care of us. So, he settled with her that we would see her on holidays and she would send us money. Even though she hasn't gave us money in years she seems to hold it over our heads. So, that why I have to go stay with her. People would say that I have it good with my Aunt being rich and all but they don't really know the half of it. Anyways, I still have one more year but it still makes me sad because this is my place, my people are here.

I quick snap out of my worrying of thoughts, and run down to the beach to meet John B and JJ. They were out in the water, it looked like JJ was about to catch a wave. He was paddling pretty fast and he manged to get up. Hopefully he doesn't fall again, I mean you aren't a true surfer if you don't fall. If you don't fall then it's because you're not fully sending it and we only do full sends around here.

He was looking pretty good started off with some simple moves then an aerial, then a move I've never even seen before. I knew he was a good surf but he must have been practising on his own to be able to do whatever that was. He was the best surfer I know, other than my dad of course. So, I guess second best, but I would never tell him that it would inflate his ego.

I manged to snap a couple of photos in time before he finishes. I pull my camera away from my face to look at the pictures that I have taken. I scroll through the bunch of photos until I come across a photo I really like.

That's the one, the perfect photo of the perfect blonde boy, well almost perfect, kinda perfect,  trys to be perfect, okay he trys

That's the one, the perfect photo of the perfect blonde boy, well almost perfect, kinda perfect, trys to be perfect, okay he trys.

"Hey you just going to stand there and take photos of me all day," he calls out to me, as he says this I can hear his voice getting closer. I'm still looking down at my camera when I am pulled away from it as JJ puts one of his fingers on my chin and pulls my face up to look at him.