Chapter 2

But at last! The Gods must have heard my prayers as I transmigrated as the heroine's loyal maid of a light novel I read, "The Saintess is a Fake," a famous romance novel.

The book was famous for two reasons.

One being the beautiful illustrations drawn every other chapter.

The light novel had handsome ikemen, but the two who stood out the most were the first male lead and second male lead.

The first male lead was the Emperor Vladimir, the Emperor of the neighboring Empire of Azulla while the second male lead was Emperor Vladimir's cousin, Archduke Francis.

The second one being that the plot was unique.

In the first half of the book, the story is told from the heroine's perspective. The heroine was the first princess and only heir to the throne of the Zidane Empire.

Mary is the only child born from the Emperor and Empress of the Zidane Empire and is spoiled rotten. Ever since she was a child, she was spoiled by all and many praise her for her kind heart.

On her 18th birthday, Mary awakens her rare light magic which belongs solely to the Zidane Royal Family.

Her kind hearted nature catches the attention of the first male lead and second male lead.

However, what caught my attention about this particular light novel was that it was not your typical light novel.

This was because Mary was not your average goodhearted heroine. She was manipulative and a green tea bitch.

Heck, the real heroine was not Mary but her loyal maid, Bellrose.

Yes, you read that right.

This is what made the light novel so popular.

Many readers are led to believe that the "heroine" was the count's daughter, Mary, however the true heroine was her loyal maid, Bellrose.

In the second half of the light novel, it is told through the maid's perspective.

The maid, Bellrose, was the true heroine.

Many years ago, when the Empress was in labor, her maid secretly switched the Empress's child with her own.

Mary was actually the daughter of a low born slave while Bellrose was the true daughter of the Empress and Emperor.

No one found out however because both Bellrose and Mary had light brown hair and lime green eyes.

The only thing that could be used to tell who was the true daughter was their abilities.

The members of the Zidane royal family have the power of light.

The Emperor and Empress did not question for a second whether or not Mary was their true daughter as she possesses a powerful light ability shown on her 16th birthday.

In reality, Mary had no such power and was instead draining Bellrose's power which the light novel did not specify as to how.

Another reason as to why this light novel was so popular and unique was that the true heroine did not have a happy ending.

In the light novel, "The Saintess is Fake," the fake heroine Mary framed the true heroine. At the end of the novel, the real heroine was sentenced to death.

The real heroine's death led to the destruction of the entire Empire as they lost their true Saintess.