Chapter 6

"What is your price?" I stared deeply in his eyes where I could see a glimmer of mischief.
      " You are to accompany my to a pack meeting tonight where I will introduce you as Luna." I furrowed my brows. " Luna?"
"Luna is the term for the Alpha's mate, my love." I looked at my hands, pondering.
" So, how many people would be there exactly?" I had stage fright. Ever since I was young I have been terrified of the spotlight. I'd rather blend in.
"Around 3,000" I gasped. Three thousand. That's 6,000 eyes staring at me, watching my every move and mistake.
" I can't stand in front of 3,000 people!" I snatched my hands out of his grasp and stood.
" I can barely raise my hand in class!" I ran my hands through my hair exasperated. The thought of that many people gave me anxiety.
" It would only be for a few minutes, I promise they will all love you. They have been waiting for you for so long." I fidgeted with my hands which he grabbed. " I would never put you in a position to feel anything but loved." My eyes met his and I believed him. I chewed on my bottom lip. I really did want to see Rachel.
" Okay." I whispered. His face immediately lit up.
" Thank you princess." He pulled me to his lap and nuzzled into my hair. I pulled back suddenly.
" Does that mean I get to see Rachel?!" I expressed excitedly. He laughed, " Yes my love."
I pulled him into a tight hug and I giggled excitedly.
" I'm sorry angel but I do have to leave." I looked into his eyes and could see he was hesitant. I gave him a wide smile.
           " That's alright, I'll be here when you get back." He brushed a piece of hair away from my face.
          " You're perfect." He then stood with me still in his arms and placed me on his bed.
            He kissed me on the forehead, then the cheek, and finally the lips. I savored the sparks I felt as our lips met and sighed.
          " I'll see you soon princess." And with a final peck he left. I sighed. I couldn't believe myself. I couldn't believe how easily I had become infatuated with this man. How he made my heart race with a single look. How amazing his lips felt on mine. I couldn't believe how much brighter my world seems.
           Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I stood and wearily neared the door. I turned the doorknob and peeked through but before I could get a clear image the door burst open. And I was attacked by two arms pulling me into a forceful hug.
          " Oh my god I missed you!" The person screamed. I pulled back for a second. " Rachel!"
           Tears welled in my eyes as I pulled her into another hug.
          " I missed you so much!" I cried in her arms.
          " Oh Emily don't cry honey, It's alright." She wiped the tear on my cheek and grabbed my hand, leading me to the edge of the bed.
           " Rachel, I feel like my life has been turned upside down." I sighed. She gave me a sad smile.
            " How much did he tell you?" She asked hesitantly.
             " Everything, I think." She nodded and looked down.
           " How much do you know?" I inquired. She gave an awkward chuckle and scratched the back of her neck.
           " About that, I'm um... actually, a uh werewolf myself." I gasped and stood.
           " And you never told me!" I had known Rachel for years and for me to not know something so important about who she is makes me wonder if I know her at all.
            " I wanted to tell you! I really did! But it's forbidden unless it's your mate!" I played with my fingers and digested her words.
             " So you're a werewolf huh?" I jested as I looked through my lashes. She laughed, and I could tell we would be just fine. We spent our time laughing and talking about what I'd missed. She told me that my parents thought I was on a school field trip and so they wouldn't be looking for me.
               The idea saddened my a bit. Not once did they try to call or text. But I tried not to dwell on it as I watched a movie with my Best friend.
We had a Marathon just like we did at home. It made me feel a little more normal about the situation I was in. To know I had a piece of comfort with Rachel no matter what happened.