4 | Embarassing Thor

Previous Chapter Question Winner: kennedywolf!

You guys!!! Leave a vote if you like the chapters! My confidence goes miles up when somebody leaves either a vote or a comment... don't forget! Wuv you 3000!

<><><>

Steve threw his shield at Magnus, aiming to knock out the boy. He felt bad for it, yes, but they had to detain the boy. Steve's idea of taking him by will had been a failure. And now, he had no choice but to follow what Fury had first advised them to do.

To say Steve was annoyed when the boy caught the shield would've been an understatement. He was beyond annoyed. But to say that he had wanted to end the world when the boy yelled, "This bitch empty! YEET!" and threw the shield behind him into the river would've been an exaggeration but the feeling was pretty close. 

Close enough that Natasha had felt the need to place her hand on his shoulder to pull him back from strangling the boy and jumping into the water after his shield.

Nobody moved though he heard Tony snort loudly.

Magnus took out his pendant, which turned into a sword, but Steve wasn't surprised. He had... given up. After seeing what he had seen, that wasn't surprising. 

Plus, he had also had to deal with the other terrorist. That guy literally had a sword hidden inside his pen. 

For the millionth time, Steve wondered where these kids received this technology. He was going to find them and beat them into a pulp. 

As if on cue, the water in the river turned rigid and started churning. Its flow turned wild. Steve ran and looked over the bridge for his shield. It had floated away. 

"You're going to have a hard time getting that back." Steve turned to Magnus, who spoke with something that almost sounded like regret, "I am sor-" The boy stopped, turning to Thor. "Or," He smirked, "You can talk to Ran, right?! Help your new friends, eh?"

Steve was sure that was anger and betrayal in his voice. 

Again, Natasha broke their not-so-friendly chat by charging at Magnus with her knives, followed by Bucky. Clint threw an arrow and Tony fired at him. Steve followed suit. Thor stood there, his face still pink from embarrassment.

The boy was surrounded and he was going to be kidna- detained.

Magnus managed to surprise them yet again as the boy took his position and jumped. Not the normal jump we do to try to reach the toy kept 2 inches away but the jump we couldn't do. 

If Steve could jump that high, he hadn't tried it yet, but as the boy hoped up, Steve worried for a second if he could actually fly. He exhaled a sigh of relief when the boy landed in front of Thor, who quickly took a step back as Magnus took a step toward him, muttering - more like whisper-yelling - a few curses and words Steve couldn't quite decipher. 

"Ste-" He didn't hear Natasha's warning as Tony's blast, which was meant for Magnus, pierced his shoulder. Steve fell backward and landed on his butt. 

Tony landed near him and kept muttering 'Sorry' as if it were a prayer. Steve examined his shoulder and cringed.

If not treated properly, that would leave a scar.

It certainly didn't help as Clint's arrow came piercing through the air and hit Bucky, who was sitting beside Steve, examining his friend's hand. Natasha was already walking towards Magnus, knives in her hand, yelling at Thor, who ignored her already having to face an angry teenager with blond hair.

Clint yelled a 'sorry' and knocked another arrow, shooting it at Magnus who dodged it almost unconsciously.

Bucky frowned, "He... not just... tranquil-" He closed his eyes, looking not okay, muttered, "I'm okay."

When Buck started standing up, Steve pushed him down, "You're going to sit here and don't even think about getting up!"

Thankfully, Bucky obliged and Steve took off after Tony, heading for the boy who died and came back.

<><><>

The first thing that Magnus did after coming back to Vahalla was to die. He ransacked a knife - which wasn't hard - and stabbed himself rather than falling into a deep sleep from Alianovna's knives. 

Later, Magnus decided that he would've rather gone with his detain-ers than waking up with an angry Samirah Al-Abbas on his face.

"Did you seriously commit suicide after landing yourself in trouble with the Avengers who, by the way, are looking for you right now, thinking you could escape my wrath?" She demanded. 

Magnus gulped, "That narrows it down." 

"Yes, it does," Alex stepped out from his bathroom, smirking. Magnus blushed. His washroom was a huge mess the last time he'd been there. He hoped the staff had cleaned it up. "Why'd you search for the trouble this time, Maggie?" She purred. 

"For once in the nine worlds, I didn't search for trouble," Magnus protested. "They followed me." 

"I hardly doubt that." 

"Magnus," Sam sat beside him on the bed, her voice laced with anger and annoyingness. "What. Happened." 

So Magnus did. First, he told them about him sacrificing the Falafel bread. Then, he told them about how they had cornered him and how the fight had gone. He told them about how bravely he had embarrassed Thor and Steve. He told them about how Allianova who stabbed him with her tranquilizer-based knives and-

A horrible, horrendous, very important piece of information slithered into Magnus' mind. "They've got Jack," He said slowly. 

"They've got WHO?"

"Jack! My sword! You know him.  He sings a lot-"

"I know who Jack is!" Sam yelled back. 

"He saved my life... He took everyone out and- We should save him... We should-" Magnus frowned, "Hold on, how'd you know that I was followed by the Avengers?"

<><><>

Word of Magnus' encounter had reached every (young) ear in Valhalla and he couldn't take a step without being attacked with questions. After five days, when things had cooled down a bit, he consulted his teammates for advice. 

Halfborn, TJ (who he had challenged for the best advice), and Mallory had all advised him to stay away from mortal eyes because of the fight being leaked into the Network ("Wetwork," said TJ). 

"They surrounded the Chase manor, blocking any entry," Magnus said angrily, "and they've got Jack! I like my swords around my neck-"

"I don't."

"-and as annoying as he is, his songs are amazing to listen to!" Magnus paused. "Don't tell him that," he quickly added.

Alex grinned, "Blackmail material!"

"Jack can take care of himself," Mallory said softly. 

Magnus felt bad for not listening to his friends' advice.

<><><>

| Name of the colour Magnus hates while Perry adores! <I don't like you uncle Rick> |