1st Bedtime Story

You're sitting in a field alone, just taking in the scenery. There are tall, green trees in the distance and a few flowers about ten metres away from you. It's quiet. Very quiet. To break the silence, you scream, like a Roger Taylor falsetto scream. After ten seconds of screaming, you hear someone else scream.

Out of curiosity, you stop and they stop too. "Hello?" You call out, standing up and looking around you. "Hello." A squeaky voice replies from somewhere behind you. You turn around and see a small house elf with tennis ball-looking eyes and a long nose.

"Who are you?" You ask, observing his features. "I am Dobby the house- no, the free elf." He tells you, correcting himself. "Who are you?" He asks. "I heard your lovely screaming and I just thought I'd see if the person screaming was just as lovely as the sound of their screaming." He says, making your cheeks burn red. "O-oh, I'm Y/N." You reply, looking at the grass beneath your feet to hide your face.

"That's one disgusting name." He scoffs, making you look up. "Excuse me?" You ask, crossing your arms. "Yeah, it sounds like something I would name a skid mark." He tells you seriously.

Without warning, he picks you up and throws you through different universes. You see Iron Man, Katniss Everdeen, SpongeBob, Peppa Pig and a whole load of other characters you think are fictional. When you land, you sit in a place with rather dry grass. You stand up and see a boy with long hair who you know as Jacob because you have nightmares about him all the time.

Oh no, it's the dream.

"Where the hell have you been, Loca?" He shouts, opening his arms for a hug. You run away from him and he looks mad. He starts running faster and then duplicates at a rapid speed. Soon, there are hundreds of him all shouting, "where the hell have you been, Loca," at you.

You stop running and close your eyes tightly, hoping it would go away and it does. You are teleported to an unfamiliar place. It is completely white apart from a thing floating that has no shadow. You move in front of it and see that it reads The Beatles.

And then you realise you are stuck in The White Album. When you look up, the faces of Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr are all staring back at you utterly horrified. "Hi?" You say, offering a small wave.

"Paulie?" John says, not taking his eyes off of you. "Yeah?" Paul replies, looking at John. "What is that?" John asks, looking back at Paul. George and Ringo also look at them. "I don't know, but whatever it is, it's bloody disgusting." Paul says, making your eyes fill with tears and you are teleported again.

This time when you open your eyes you can only hear things. "Brackets." You hear softly in the distance. "Mockers." You hear from the other side. "Brackets." Is on the left side. "Mockers." Is on the right.

No, you thought, not this dream.

Again, you are teleported and are in a memory. But it's not your memory. "Chicken feet, babe." You hear the unmistakable voice of Freddie Mercury sing. Before you can even process what's going on, you get teleported again.

"You could say they're selling like ghost cookies," is the first thing thing you hear, followed by laughter, "and she said, 'what'," you immediately know what is going on, "and I said, 'you could say they're selling like ghost cookies'."

You are teleported back to the field and Dobby is no longer there, just the trees in the distance and the flowers that were there earlier.