Chapter 4

Dean's POV

TW! Abuse, blood, and bullies

I went down the street going home from the hospital. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. I felt somehow... guilty. 

"I should've stayed there. But it's not a great time isn't it? I don't wanna go home. But i have to go to college tomorrow." I thought. 

I walked past a small bookstore. There's a glass so i can look through the bookstore. I peeked and saw a book. That's my book! 

I'm a 18 year old author. I've published 2 books. Their names are Promises Of The Light and the other one is Whispers Of The Void. It's not the best selling book or whatever. I'm still happy that people buy it. I kinda hope that Lyra will read it. Then, i continued walking to my house.

Minutes have passed and I've arrived at my house. A house that was never a home for me.  I opened the door making a creak. 

As soon i opened the door, i yelled "Dad mom, I'm home." but i got no answer.

Then, i walked past my dad sleeping on the couch with the television still on surrounded by empty bottles of alcohol. I walked slowly to him and take the TV remote then turned off the TV. When i was about to go to upstairs, someone grabbed my arm. I looked back and it was my dad... drunk.  

"Dad, where's mom?" I asked him. 

"She left. Why? Awww are you sad because she left you? Well, who wants you anyway?" My dad replied with the smell of strong alcohol coming from his mouth making me sick. My eyes widen. I began asking him why while trying to hold my tears.

"I'm just kidding, she's working. Why do you care so much? It's not she's going to love you suddenly anyway. Now buy me another drink!" He yelled. I sighed out of relieve. I ignored him and went to upstairs but that old jerk pulled me away from the stairs. I fell to the floor. I tried to stand but before i could stand..

"WOW! SO YOU'RE NOW A BRAVE LITTLE BOY AREN'T YOU? HOW DARE YOU IGNORE ME LIKE THAT?!" he yelled out loud reaching his hand making a fist to hit me. I closed my eyes and then felt an extreme pain on my head. 

"He hit me. It... hurts." I spoke to myself in my head. Dizziness and headache came in a sharp pain. My dad starts to kick me in my stomach. I begged him to stop but the kick just gets harder and harder. The last thing i could remember that day was blacking out. 

The next day, i woke up still on the floor where i was being kicked and punched by my dad. Nobody has moved me.  I tried to stand up. I have class. 

"Argh!" I wined a bit as i tried to got up. My body hurts. All of it hurts. I started having headache again. I rubbed my head where it hurts. I felt something cold. I looked at my hand. Blood.. I must have bled last night. 

Then, i take a med kit and went to the bathroom. I showered first then treat my wounds. I wore a hoodie to cover up the bruises. After that, i went to the kitchen looking for food only to see a note sticking on the door of the refrigerator.

"Buy me a box of beer" written on the note. I sighed. I mean.. i can't decline that or else i'll be beaten up like shit again. I go to the front door and left the house.  As i walk to my college, i stopped to buy a sandwich. Couldn't focus if you're hungry right? I continued walking as i finished my sandwich while getting lost in thoughts until I've arrived. I went straight to class and sit at my usual. Minutes have passed.

"Hey asshole! Bring your money today?" Kyle said, the popular kid in this school. I looked at him then handed a 5$ to him. His eyes widen with a mad expression.