See You Later

One month later in the park there is a stage for Giant and it says 'Dedicated In Memory of the Iron Giant by the town of Rockwell'. Hogarth and (Name) are playing with the boys from their class. Dean sits on the bench and Annie walks up to him.

"Your best work yet, honey. No doubt about it." She told her boyfriend. "You think this is my best? Really?" He asked her. "Well, ...You know, next to the bug thing. You know, the one with the shovels..."

Annie clears her throat and calls Hogarth and (Name). "Hogarth, (Name) come on. Time to go." The two look at Annie and run over to her and Dean. "See you later, guys. One of the boy sticks his hand out of the dog pile to wave at them. "See you later, Hogarth, (Name)."

"Oh, uh, hey, kids. The general sent this to you." Deam gives (Name) a small package. "What is it?" She asked. "He said it was the only part recovered. He thought you two should have it." (Name) opens the package and it's Giant's jawbolt. Hogarth and (Name) look at it sadly. Hogarth takes the bolt out. "I miss him." He said. "Me too." (Name) said turning to look at the statue. Annie placed her hand on Hogarth's shoulder as he looks back the memorial statue with (Name). The four of them then leave the park.

Later that night in Hogarth's bedroom. Hogarth and (Name) are having a sleepover at his house again. Hogarth is in his his bed sleeping. While (Name) is in her sleeping bag, sleeping as well. Then suddenly two wakes up to a noise. Hogarth sits up in his bed to sees the jawbolt out of the box. (Name) sits up in her bag, rubbing her eye tiredly.

"What's going on?" She asked before letting out a yawn. Hogarth gets out of his bed to looks around as he says. "The bolt. It's gone!" The two then hear the jawbolt is at Hogarth's bedroom window glowing and beeping it taps the window. Both his eyes light up at the sight.

(Name) crawls out of her bag to walk up to the window with Hogarth. Both smiled down at the jawbolt. Hogarth opens the window. The bolt turn at them, almost like it's saying, goodbye. Before rolling out the window, lands on the ground, and rolls away. The kids wave at the jawbolt and say softly. "See you later."

The jawbolt rolls into the grass, to start it's journey to Giant. In Langjokull Glacier, Iceland Giant's parts are making their way to Giant's head. Giant opens his eyes and he smiles.