Chapter 1: Autumn Falling

This is it.

The first day of Tenko's senior year. Himiko always used to say how important this year was, and how fun it would be, but she was always unsure. Looking up at the huge white building, full of students practicing their talents, anxious out of her mind. Although the calm autumn breeze and the trees surrounding her helped, she was still incredibly worked up.

Well, lets take a look at the schedule.  Tenko thought to herself, rummaging in her messy backpack for her planner.

Music class?

This wont be good.

Tenko was never good at playing instruments. Her Neo Aikido training was very different than the fancy finger-work that it required to play the violin, or piano. Isn't there a new student coming?  Tenko thought to herself. And she was right, as a new student, called the Ultimate Pianist, had registered for the prestigious school. Tenko didn't know her name, or what she looked like, but she had always admired people who do performance work, so that was something to look forward to.

Suddenly, Tenko heard footsteps on the path she had been standing on. She looked back to see a girl with long blonde hair, wearing a backpack, a pink vest, and a purple skirt with musical notes.

"Hey! I'm the new girl in the school. My name is Kaede Akamatsu. Nice to meet you!" She held out her hand and smiled wide. "Hey, you have a leaf in your hair, let me get that out for you." Kaede stepped closer to her, directly towards Tenko's face, and took off the orange leaf that fell from the trees above. as she did so, Tenko's eyes sparkled. She had began to develop feelings.

After the two stared into each other's eyes for around 30 seconds, Kaede ran towards to school. "Well, I better get to class! By the way, I never got your name. Who are you?" She tilted her head, standing on the steps to the school above her. "I-I'm Tenko Chabishira, the U-ultimate Neo Aikido Master." When Tenko introduced herself, she was blushing furiously.

"Well, see you later Tenko!"